Kamazon

Will An Instant PC To Chase Freedom Hurt Me From Getting Chase Amazon Card?

Hello,

I have the option to PC (Product Change) my Chase card to Chase Freedom, and I'm sure I'll qualify for a Chase Amazon card.  If I could only have 1 I'd like the Amazon but having a higher limit on 2 cards would be good too.  Is there any problem in upgrading my chase to a chase freedom, and then applying for the Chase Amazon?  

Thanks!

Valued Contributor
bribro

Re: Will An Instant PC To Chase Freedom Hurt Me From Getting Chase Amazon Card?

I don't see why it would be a problem, but why not apply for Amazon first? That way, if you get denied, you can ask them on recon to get approved for the Amazon card in exchange for closing your existing Chase card.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Kamazon

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the heads up!  I app'ed for Amazon and it's pending status, no instant approval.  I'm rather perplexed.  equifax score of 800, transunion of 800+ and good income.  Would you recommend calling them at this point and try to get someone on the line?

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Yes call them! In my experience; amazon CLs are determined by amazon... I don't see many instant approvals for the card. I would call the backdoor number at chase and make sure they don't need you to verify identity.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
bribro

Might as well call them right now. It might help to say you were hoping to use the card for some Christmas shopping.
TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Valued Contributor
chnceit

Kamazon wrote:

Thanks for the heads up!  I app'ed for Amazon and it's pending status, no instant approval.  I'm rather perplexed.  equifax score of 800, transunion of 800+ and good income.  Would you recommend calling them at this point and try to get someone on the line?

Any updates?

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+