cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will An Instant PC To Chase Freedom Hurt Me From Getting Chase Amazon Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will An Instant PC To Chase Freedom Hurt Me From Getting Chase Amazon Card?

Hello,

I have the option to PC (Product Change) my Chase card to Chase Freedom, and I'm sure I'll qualify for a Chase Amazon card.  If I could only have 1 I'd like the Amazon but having a higher limit on 2 cards would be good too.  Is there any problem in upgrading my chase to a chase freedom, and then applying for the Chase Amazon?  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: Will An Instant PC To Chase Freedom Hurt Me From Getting Chase Amazon Card?

I don't see why it would be a problem, but why not apply for Amazon first? That way, if you get denied, you can ask them on recon to get approved for the Amazon card in exchange for closing your existing Chase card.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up!  I app'ed for Amazon and it's pending status, no instant approval.  I'm rather perplexed.  equifax score of 800, transunion of 800+ and good income.  Would you recommend calling them at this point and try to get someone on the line?

Message 3 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Yes call them! In my experience; amazon CLs are determined by amazon... I don't see many instant approvals for the card. I would call the backdoor number at chase and make sure they don't need you to verify identity.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 6
bribro
Valued Contributor

Might as well call them right now. It might help to say you were hoping to use the card for some Christmas shopping.
TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 5 of 6
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the heads up!  I app'ed for Amazon and it's pending status, no instant approval.  I'm rather perplexed.  equifax score of 800, transunion of 800+ and good income.  Would you recommend calling them at this point and try to get someone on the line?

Any updates?

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.