Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Bank of America approve me?

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Will Bank of America approve me?

It can't hurt to try however not sure if BofA are one of those lenders that rarely match existing CL's for new accounts. You can call and ask for a credit limit recon. Congrats on the approval Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 21
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Thanks mxp. I did call, and the credit analyst suggested that the new card information is not generated yet. Told me to call back in a couple of days so they can look at it.

Will keep you all posted.

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 21
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@tennisfan78 wrote:

Thanks mxp. I did call, and the credit analyst suggested that the new card information is not generated yet. Told me to call back in a couple of days so they can look at it.

Approximately every 4 months you can hit the LUV button (CLI)..... Just show decent use of the card and pay in full or ontime. Have balance at 0 or very minimal (no more then 10%) when hitting the LUV button.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 13 of 21
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@JM-AM wrote:

@tennisfan78 wrote:

Approximately every 4 months you can hit the LUV button (CLI)..... Just show decent use of the card and pay in full or ontime. Have balance at 0 or very minimal (no more then 10%) when hitting the LUV button.

Thanks JM-AM. That sounds great. I have been very careful with utilization over the past year since I started rebuilding. Always using less than 10 percent of the available limit, and paying in full every month. And will continue to do so.

On a different note, does any one know how or where can I take the fitness challenge? I do notice it a bunch a members signatures, but when I click on the link, it gives me page cannot be displayed message.  Thanks

EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012

Message 14 of 21
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@tennisfan78 wrote:

Thanks JM-AM. That sounds great. I have been very careful with utilization over the past year since I started rebuilding. Always using less than 10 percent of the available limit, and paying in full every month. And will continue to do so.

On a different note, does any one know how or where can I take the fitness challenge? I do notice it a bunch a members signatures, but when I click on the link, it gives me page cannot be displayed message.  Thanks

There is an archived, locked thread for the 2010 Challenge and the new link for the 2011 Challenge. Are you sure you're trying the 2011 link? If you keep having trouble let me know and I'll contact an administrator about it.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 15 of 21
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@tennisfan78 wrote:

There is an archived, locked thread for the 2010 Challenge and the new link for the 2011 Challenge. Are you sure you're trying the 2011 link? If you keep having trouble let me know and I'll contact an administrator about it.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Thanks MarineVietVet.  I figured it out now. 2011 link is working fine. And just added the signature as well!

Message 16 of 21
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Ok, here is an update. I did call the back door number and talked to a credit analyst. he said that I am approved for $500. I asked if they can reconsider the credit limit. He adviced to give it 2-3 months, make payments on time and then request for the CLI.

Either way, I am pretty excited that BOA did approve me Smiley Happy  I definitely wasnt in that position last year around this time. Thanks for all the suggestions everybody!

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA flat out denied me for one of their rewards VISA's. No derogatories, no deliquencies, no baddies whatsoever. They just didn't like the strength of my file .I then turned around and app'd for a Chase Freedom card and was approved for a CL of 4K. I was hurt as I have been banking with BOA since I was in college. I'm moving all (most) of my money accross the street to the recently opened Chase branch.

Message 18 of 21
Smug
Established Contributor

I just apped for a BOA accelarated rewards Amex, was shocked they approved it for 2k, when I had 124k in CDs they refused a request for a secured card, LOL so this rocks!and I still have a few baddies...
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 19 of 21
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

BOA flat out denied me for one of their rewards VISA's. No derogatories, no deliquencies, no baddies whatsoever. They just didn't like the strength of my file .I then turned around and app'd for a Chase Freedom card and was approved for a CL of 4K. I was hurt as I have been banking with BOA since I was in college. I'm moving all (most) of my money accross the street to the recently opened Chase branch.

That surprises me. Do you happen to know your scores when you applied? And did you happen to call their back door number and ask them the reason why they didnt approve?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.