Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: Will Bank of America lower my CL if I pay the balance down?

jjmcc323 wrote:

made a 14000.00 payment to boa 3 months ago , set off string of events long story short my cl was 51000.00 is now 3700.00 all set off by large payment

maybe break it into 3 payments 

You might want to elaborate on how making a large payment led to this CLD. If you posted it elsewhere throw up a link to the post/thread.

Regular Contributor
idmd

Re: Will Bank of America lower my CL if I pay the balance down?

jjmcc323 wrote:

made a 14000.00 payment to boa 3 months ago , set off string of events long story short my cl was 51000.00 is now 3700.00 all set off by large payment

maybe break it into 3 payments 

I don't know if small payments will make a big difference. These large banks are all just trying to limit their exposure to risk (because they over exposed themselves in other places and some how this is their customer's fault) and it's likely going to happened regardless of how the balance is paid. I've been lucky so far as I've paid ~$40K to CC for various reasons/purchases and have a zero balance on all but haven't had any CLDs. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+