cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Barclays Use Same HP For 2 Different Products?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will Barclays Use Same HP For 2 Different Products?

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on your approvals! That's awesome. What does your credit profile look like with TU?

Thanks! Good luck if you go for yours!

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not great. $1300 mc rewards 24.99% and $1700 on visa 23.99% I believe maybe also 24.99%. Just got them, haven't used them yet.

Guess I'm old. I value the ring for 8%, over rewards.

I'm with you but I'm re-building so I just wanted to get my foot in the door with Barclays. Don't think I would have qualified for the ring. I don't have anything under 17.99% but I do my best to use my cards and keep balances as low as possible so it won't hurt so much

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 13 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I've only been able to use the same HP for another product's CLI. So for instance took hp to move Arrival + from 5 to 10.. and then moved Sallie Mae from 7.5 to 10.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Meaning, if you app for Rewards MC and then app for Apple Financing a week later, will they use the same pull or pull a new report?

I wouldn't want to talk you into anything but if I had to guess I'd say you wouldn't get a hard pull only because I didn't after the first one. Then again I did mine within an hour of each other. I read a post from another guy who did the same thing with success. Otherwise I would have never tried it had I not read his post. I also did Amazon and Walmart on the same day I did the Barclays (after the Barclays) and got both of those but those were 2 separate HP's  by the same bank so I guess you can never be absolutely sure about anything

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly. I asked because they keep the same pull on file for 90 days per Barclays. If you app within 90 days of the original, it pulls the original report. You have to request a new pull if your file has changed. This I experienced first hand. So it does make sense. I was just trying to find out if anyone had actually apped for a different product within the same lender and the same pull used. Awesome info but of course with anything, YMMV. Thanks again!,
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Exactly. I asked because they keep the same pull on file for 90 days per Barclays. If you app within 90 days of the original, it pulls the original report. You have to request a new pull if your file has changed. This I experienced first hand. So it does make sense. I was just trying to find out if anyone had actually apped for a different product within the same lender and the same pull used. Awesome info but of course with anything, YMMV. Thanks again!,

If that's true that's actually pretty cool because a month  after an app spree if you wanted to go for another Barclay you could without them seeing the inquiries or new accounts right? I've read they're sensitive to that. I caught some of your posts in another thread, are you going to app for another Barclay? If so, share the results okay? I forgot to tell you my TU report facts earlier that you had asked. 647 fico score, one large collection 3 years old ($3250) and 2 consecutive 30 day lates on 3 different cards from about 28 months ago (had a really hard couple of months in early 2012). Everything for last 2 years is good except short AAoA and those things I mentioned from a while ago

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that would be cool if it was on all their products. It could just be for the Rewards or maybe just for denials? Who knows, really. I may app but I'm just not sure. I don't want to risk another inquiry as I plan to app for better cards next year. I'm still waiting on a call from the EO on my recon for the Rewards MC. I have reconned 3 times already after being denied. Lol. Same story every time "Your report and score look good but not enough revolving history. " I doubt EO will overturn the decision but I wanted to ensure I did everything possible for that HP which then brought up the topic of a different product with the same inquiry. They should be calling me back any day now and I will definitely keep you posted. Keep your fingers crossed for me! My TU file looks good, TU Fico was 675, now 679, 100% on time payments, oldest account is 10 years but AAOA was 5 months, now rolled to 6 months and no baddies. I've opened 8 new CC'S this year which killed my AAoA which is why they want to see more history.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.