Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Barclays upgrade my card?

tag
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Will Barclays upgrade my card?

I currently have a Apple Barclays Card.

I know this sounds bad but I only want to have premium cards in my collection.  The above card just isnt cutting it.  Can I upgrade it to a Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard ?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Re: Will Barclays upgrade my card?

I don't believe so.  Even from regular Arrival to Arrival Plus, they typically ask that you submit a new application.

Message 2 of 15
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

you MAY be able to PC to the Rewards card or Ring but it will depend on who you get on the phone

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I upgrade from rewards to arrival plus willing to loose the free AF ?
Message 4 of 15
Berk
Established Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

I know this sounds bad but I only want to have premium cards in my collection.  The above card just isnt cutting it.  Can I upgrade it to a Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard ?

I don't know what you mean by "premium cards" unless you are referring to those that charge a fee for the priviledge of carrying them. I just tried to PC my Apple Financing Card and was told it was a no-go. I can cancel and then re-apply. I couldn't even get them to move my CL (10K) to my L.L. Bean Visa (14.6K). I agree that at 21.99% (the lowest they claim they can go) it is a useless card. It sits in my sock drawer until (if) I get an email from Apple telling me I can use it again. I don't blame you for wanting to close it. I will as soon as I get enough CLI's to keep me over 100K total.

Message 5 of 15
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Berk wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

I don't know what you mean by "premium cards" unless you are referring to those that charge a fee for the priviledge of carrying them. I just tried to PC my Apple Financing Card and was told it was a no-go. I can cancel and then re-apply. I couldn't even get them to move my CL (10K) to my L.L. Bean Visa (14.6K). I agree that at 21.99% (the lowest they claim they can go) it is a useless card. It sits in my sock drawer until (if) I get an email from Apple telling me I can use it again. I don't blame you for wanting to close it. I will as soon as I get enough CLI's to keep me over 100K total.

I just saw your post and I am also trying to get to over $100K open credit limits.  I am currently at $85K.    Reaching 100K...will it make it hard to get new cards since we have so much open credit?

Message 6 of 15
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

@Berk wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

I just saw your post and I am also trying to get to over $100K open credit limits.  I am currently at $85K.    Reaching 100K...will it make it hard to get new cards since we have so much open credit?

What is your income?

Message 7 of 15
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

@Berk wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

What is your income?

Only $60K but have a good amount in Roth IRA account.

Message 8 of 15
Brax
Frequent Contributor

You cannot switch a Barclays Apple Financing Visa card to a Mastercard product. I had the card for 3 years, so believe me I tried many times.

There are two PC paths for Apple Financing Visa: 1. Barclays Rewards Visa or 2. iTunes Rewards Visa (I'm not sure if the latter is offered anymore)

If you had a co-branded Mastercard (i.e. Sallie Mae, US Airways, Lufthansa, etc) I've been told that can be changed over to an Arrival Mastercard.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they still offer the itunes card?

They wouldn't let me PC either. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.