There are other ways to reach the retention department... Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 15
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Will Barclays upgrade my card?

@Brax wrote:

How so?

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 12 of 15
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

@Berk wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

I currently have a Apple Barclays Card.

I know this sounds bad but I only want to have premium cards in my collection.  The above card just isnt cutting it.  Can I upgrade it to a Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard ?

I don't know what you mean by "premium cards" unless you are referring to those that charge a fee for the priviledge of carrying them. I just tried to PC my Apple Financing Card and was told it was a no-go. I can cancel and then re-apply. I couldn't even get them to move my CL (10K) to my L.L. Bean Visa (14.6K). I agree that at 21.99% (the lowest they claim they can go) it is a useless card. It sits in my sock drawer until (if) I get an email from Apple telling me I can use it again. I don't blame you for wanting to close it. I will as soon as I get enough CLI's to keep me over 100K total.

I just saw your post and I am also trying to get to over $100K open credit limits.  I am currently at $85K.    Reaching 100K...will it make it hard to get new cards since we have so much open credit?

What is your income?

Only $60K but have a good amount in Roth IRA account.

Your net worth is irrelevant for purposes of credit cards. That information isn't even requested in an application.

They look only at your income, compared to your available/extended/used credit.  You're already pretty high.

Message 13 of 15
Brax
Frequent Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

@Brax wrote:

How so?

Other cards.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Berk wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

I currently have a Apple Barclays Card.

I know this sounds bad but I only want to have premium cards in my collection.  The above card just isnt cutting it.  Can I upgrade it to a Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard ?

I don't know what you mean by "premium cards" unless you are referring to those that charge a fee for the priviledge of carrying them. I just tried to PC my Apple Financing Card and was told it was a no-go. I can cancel and then re-apply. I couldn't even get them to move my CL (10K) to my L.L. Bean Visa (14.6K). I agree that at 21.99% (the lowest they claim they can go) it is a useless card. It sits in my sock drawer until (if) I get an email from Apple telling me I can use it again. I don't blame you for wanting to close it. I will as soon as I get enough CLI's to keep me over 100K total.

Premium typically means tougher U/W standards.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.