cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will BoA, Chase, Wamu, or Citi Card ever relend after Bankruptcy?? I need your advice. Thanks.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will BoA, Chase, Wamu, or Citi Card ever relend after Bankruptcy?? I need your advice. Thanks.

Please let me know what you all think. If you have actual facts from experience it would be more helpful.
Message Edited by CreditCardMaster on 11-05-2009 11:22 AM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will BoA, Chase, Wamu, or Citi Card ever relend after Bankruptcy?? I need advise. Thanks, Josh

Welcome to the FICO Forums! I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post when you've posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu.  If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to asking the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.  Thanks for your contribution to the FICO Forums!

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will BoA, Chase, Wamu, or Citi Card ever relend after Bankruptcy?? I need advise. Thanks, Josh

I don't know the answer, but seems like there are some post-BK success stories with these cards in here. If you search around via the search feature, you may be able to find some recent successes. Seems also like there's a post BK-CC approval thread in here somewhere. Also, scratch WaMu off you list as they are no longer around.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will BoA, Chase, Wamu, or Citi Card ever relend after Bankruptcy?? I need your advice. Thanks.

Yes I do know the answer, and all of them say YES they do relend/offer credit for those who file for BK but the BK has to be removed off the credit report.

That's they rule and there are no exception unless you plead for them...

Citi told me: not approved if BK on credit report

Chase: say the same

Wells Fargo: say the same

BoA: they may work with you but more likely NO too

Message 4 of 5
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: Will BoA, Chase, Wamu, or Citi Card ever relend after Bankruptcy?? I need your advice. Thanks.

Chase gave me a credit card of a I had a Chargeoff with them.  I applied right after I it fell off my credit report.  They still had a record of it because when I called to check the status of the App they questioned me on it.  I was shocked when they gave me a 3K CL when I had a chargeoff with them for $2,000 years ago, especially since I hide from all of their letters and phone calls.  Hint the reason they gave up and chargeoffed the account. I was young and dumb back then.

Been with them for over 18 months and everything is smooth with them. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.