Did you mean: 

Will CITI close my account?

tag
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

Re: Will CITI close my account?

@azguy13 wrote:

disregard this post, lol

Darn right!!!!!  LOL..  You had me thinking I was crazy (not to say that I'm not).

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 21 of 30
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

disregard this post, lol

Darn right!!!!!  LOL..  You had me thinking I was crazy (not to say that I'm not).

Nah, I think my sleeping pills are playng tricks on my mind, lol

Message 22 of 30
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

Hummm, interesting info.

I have no negative information on my credit report, with all my scores ranging from 790-802. So if I get CLD, or even worse account close by CITI, it will be because of the account that's link to my address. I guess only time will tell...

As long as you are responsible I wouldn't worry (especially with those scores). Sounds to me like you should educate your roommate, lol. You are obviously a responsible spender.

+1 OP have you relayed the ramifications to your friend's credit? I know it can be difficult. Time to bring him/her to myfico (ignoring this thread obviously! haha)

Message 23 of 30
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@eagle2013 wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

Hummm, interesting info.

I have no negative information on my credit report, with all my scores ranging from 790-802. So if I get CLD, or even worse account close by CITI, it will be because of the account that's link to my address. I guess only time will tell...

As long as you are responsible I wouldn't worry (especially with those scores). Sounds to me like you should educate your roommate, lol. You are obviously a responsible spender.

+1 OP have you relayed the ramifications to your friend's credit? I know it can be difficult. Time to bring him/her to myfico (ignoring this thread obviously! haha)

Haha, we are all friends here. Too bad FICO won't release their algorithms and banks won't let us interview their credit analysts so we know EXACTLY what we are talking about, lol. Life would be so much easier.

Message 24 of 30
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

You asked if your account will be closed because of your roommates poor credit performance.  My answer still stands.  If you are not financially tied to this account, the likelihood of any AA to you is next to nothing.  Where it has been pointed out that there are cases of this happening (and it's a very large stretch I might add these instances) there are many more of people living in the same household that have the same situation involving family members and nothing has happened.  The remote possiblity that somehow his credit information pops up on your file is in my eyes the only possible trigger that might cause you some AA.  Monitor your reports, take care of your excellent record and you should have no problems.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 25 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

Hummm, interesting info.

unrelated to OP's situation, but FICO scores don't really matter to most lenders once you are approved. 

Most lenders use FICO scores only for the approval process, and once you're in, they'll evaluate you based on your internal score and your credit reports. For instance, my FICO is around 790ish but it didn't stop Chase from closing my accounts. I brought up my scores when I spoke to an analyst and he said it didn't matter at all since it's all based on their own algorithms.

So if your accounts ever get closed (another highly unlikely scenario), don't kill your roommates right away.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 26 of 30
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

Hummm, interesting info.

unrelated to OP's situation, but FICO scores don't really matter to most lenders once you are approved. 

Most lenders use FICO scores only for the approval process, and once you're in, they'll evaluate you based on your internal score and your credit reports. For instance, my FICO is around 790ish but it didn't stop Chase from closing my accounts. I brought up my scores when I spoke to an analyst and he said it didn't matter at all since it's all based on their own algorithms.

So if your accounts ever get closed (another highly unlikely scenario), don't kill your roommates right away.

That makes sense. When I was AA'd by Amex in 2010, Chase quickly followed suit with a CLD. My score hadnt changed but they saw the change on the report itself.

Message 27 of 30
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

Hummm, interesting info.

Haha, we are all friends here. Too bad FICO won't release their algorithms and banks won't let us interview their credit analysts so we know EXACTLY what we are talking about, lol. Life would be so much easier.

You know that reminds me (I can't believe I forgot to post a thread!)

I had a very interesting conversation with Discover trying to recon my initial credit limit a few weeks ago. At first, it was a no-go, and with my persistence he looked into it a bit. I gave him my degree level and email address again. Still didn't get an increase due to the account being so new, but I learned something from the CSR.

I asked him out of curiosity what he was looking at while he had me on hold that required my degree level and email as I know those weren't metrics of FICO. He was a little hesitant to answer, but he said something to the effect of composite score based on social media presence Smiley Surprised As I true myfico-er, I asked more about what was evaluated and how I scored but I can tell that he was getting a bit antsy, so I stopped and we hung up shortly thereafter. I have no idea if an expansive social media profile would be considered a plus or risk, but it is still interesting to know that there are so many things we're evaluated on that we don't know! I think I'll make it is a point to chat up the CSRs and see what they see on their end! 

Message 28 of 30
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@eagle2013 wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

Hummm, interesting info.

You know that reminds me (I can't believe I forgot to post a thread!)

I had a very interesting conversation with Discover trying to recon my initial credit limit a few weeks ago. At first, it was a no-go, and with my persistence he looked into it a bit. I gave him my degree level and email address again. Still didn't get an increase due to the account being so new, but I learned something from the CSR.

I asked him out of curiosity what he was looking at while he had me on hold that required my degree level and email as I know those weren't metrics of FICO. He was a little hesitant to answer, but he said something to the effect of composite score based on social media presence Smiley Surprised As I true myfico-er, I asked more about what was evaluated and how I scored but I can tell that he was getting a bit antsy, so I stopped and we hung up shortly thereafter. I have no idea if an expansive social media profile would be considered a plus or risk, but it is still interesting to know that there are so many things we're evaluated on that we don't know! I think I'll make it is a point to chat up the CSRs and see what they see on their end! 

I would definitely start a thread on that.

Message 29 of 30
policebox
Contributor

Does your friend pay you rent? Does it concern you that your friend is willing to arbitrarily run up a large debt with no intention of repaying it? If you have any financial ties to this person at all, such as sharing expenses, etc. you should prepare yourself for having this "friend" bail out on you too. I'd make certain to secure all my checkbooks, financial records, bank/debit cards, and cash as a precaution.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.