Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Cap 1 lower the APR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will Cap 1 lower the APR?

It's permanent.

The csr told me so and I can see on this month statement also.

If its helps with anything, I have this account for around 5 years. Never missed a payment. Used to be a platinum, then a qs1 and its now a regular no af qs.

Message 11 of 13
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Mine is 6 years old, used to be a Household Bank card, my score is 100+ points higher than when I got the card, never missed a payment, never over the credit limit, nothing ever bad, a limit of $20,000, I get nothing except offers for 7 months.  I have been called by two different people at CapOne concerned about my dissatisfaction with their policy and both have told me they do not lower APRs only offer the 7 month option to their most qualified members.  Both did say that shortly they would have that option, the first time I was told that was three years ago, which isn't considered shortly in anyone's book except maybe god or Satan, but the last one did call me about the issue within the last year.  If I was a betting man I would wager I'd I called today and ask I would only be offered the 7 month option.  Because if they are now doing it for some card holders, then it's probably a small percentage.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 12 of 13
mxp114
Valued Contributor

It's strange that Capital One is such a flexible issuer but not with APR reductions. I too only ever get seven month offers, I used to accept them every seven months in the hopes it would eventually trigger a permanent offer but nothing. Chase is another one, afaik they never lower APRs.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.