Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Capital One Match Their APR?

tag
Repairman
Established Contributor

Will Capital One Match Their APR?

I currently have 2 Quicksilver cards with Capital One. The 1st was a Platinum Mastercard that was PC. The 2nd, is a Visa Signature, with a credit limit 4x's that of the 1st card, and also a lower APR. Now that Capital One has granted me both a new Quicksilver and a Venture card with large limits and LOWER APRs than my original, low limit card, what are the chances of them lowering the APR on my original card, to at least match one of the other 2? How should I go about asking?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will Capital One Match Their APR?

@Repairman wrote:

I currently have 2 Quicksilver cards with Capital One. The 1st was a Platinum Mastercard that was PC. The 2nd, is a Visa Signature, with a credit limit 4x's that of the 1st card, and also a lower APR. Now that Capital One has granted me both a new Quicksilver and a Venture card with large limits and LOWER APRs than my original, low limit card, what are the chances of them lowering the APR on my original card, to at least match one of the other 2? How should I go about asking?

Doubtful. Close the low limit cards as they are beneath you now.

Message 2 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

Someone posted recently a thread saying a cap1 csr claimed they may be combining again in the following months, hope it wasn't just a bunch of malarkey. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully not. Itd be great to combine limits.
Message 4 of 7
Repairman
Established Contributor

@score_building wrote:

Someone posted recently a thread saying a cap1 csr claimed they may be combining again in the following months, hope it wasn't just a bunch of malarchy. 

What might be combining again?

Message 5 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Repairman wrote:

@score_building wrote:

Someone posted recently a thread saying a cap1 csr claimed they may be combining again in the following months, hope it wasn't just a bunch of malarchy. 

What might be combining again?

Credit Limits or multiple accounts with Capital One.  In the past, they used to be able to combine accounts/CLs but that practice has long ended.  Thus far, a rumor that they may revisit this again.

Message 6 of 7
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

You can not lower the APR below 22.9% even by means of the EO, while you can continue to have the credit line growing you don't want to close it but they will never match the visa APR, or even come close to it. If you don't carry a balance and it has no annual fee, than well it ont hurt you one bit really.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.