Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Chase HYSA improve odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Chase HYSA improve odds?

Will opening a HYSA with Chase now increase my odds of approval for CSP in Feb? Or is there MO like amex and just want  new customers.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Will Chase HYSA improve odds?

@Anonymous wrote:

Will opening a HYSA with Chase now increase my odds of approval for CSP in Feb? Or is there MO like amex and just want  new customers.

I think it could, if you throw a substantial amount of money in it. 

Message 2 of 7
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you also considered a Chase AARP card?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

if you become a Chase Banking Customer  you have much better chances of getting any of their Credit Cards Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Not sure what the HYSA is but have you thought about trying for the freedom first? Then go for CSP after X amount of mos. ? so many options out there for you Smiley Tongue Also have you checked their pre-qual? Or maybe in feb. you will have a pre-qual Smiley Happy

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 5 of 7
joltdude
Senior Contributor

HYSA is high yield savings account. Chase likes relationships...
Message 6 of 7
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Having an Amex card probably helps your chances of getting approved for another card (within limits).  It is just that Amex doesn't want to give out sign up bonuses to existing customers currently.

Chase prides itself in being a relationship bank.  Having a longstanding relationship will help with approval/CL.  However, it may not help as much as you think.  On the other hand, the CSP doesn't have super high standards, either.  If you haven't already tried, the Chase pre-qual site is supposed to be solid.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.