cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Chase transfer CL from Slate/Freedom to SW?

tag
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Will Chase transfer CL from Slate/Freedom to SW?

From experiences shared here I've read that it's best to just apply for a new card with Chase and then have them transfer as much of the CL as possible to your favorite card instead of requsting a CLI because they're more flexible with new CLs than with CLIs...

What I haven't seen much of is whether or not this works with co-branded cards like the SouthWest card.  I'm planning to apply for a Slate within the next 1-5 weeks to take advantage of the 18 month 0% BT offer and I'm hoping that once that's paid off I'll be able to swap the CL to my SW card.

I don't see a lot of people talking about getting CLIs on their SW card and I've put a decent amount through mine over the last year with no love from them so I'm weighing my options to see how I can get it to grow.

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Will Chase transfer CL from Slate/Freedom to SW?

@modernsurrender wrote:

From experiences shared here I've read that it's best to just apply for a new card with Chase and then have them transfer as much of the CL as possible to your favorite card instead of requsting a CLI because they're more flexible with new CLs than with CLIs... 

What I haven't seen much of is whether or not this works with co-branded cards like the SouthWest card.  I'm planning to apply for a Slate within the next 1-5 weeks to take advantage of the 18 month 0% BT offer and I'm hoping that once that's paid off I'll be able to swap the CL to my SW card.

I don't see a lot of people talking about getting CLIs on their SW card and I've put a decent amount through mine over the last year with no love from them so I'm weighing my options to see how I can get it to grow.

Chase can be flexible with CLIs too, depending on the customer.

You can transfer the slate CL to the SW card once the slate card is >13 months old.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 5
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Thanks Enharu!  

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 3 of 5
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

I got a $2500 CLI on Chase SW last week with a HP of course. Went from $5k to $7.5k and this was after having the card for 8 months. So Chase does do CLI's, if you have a HP to spare and want to keep your Slate CL in tact plus have the SW card upp'd too maybe you could request a CLI and see if they give it to you. I'll add that I picked up a Chase Marriott card in February and that one has a $5k limit so you may not have to move CL's around. As always YMMV and it depends on your CBR and overrall history with them.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@modernsurrender wrote:

If your files are looking good you can definitely get a CLI on the SW. I would make sure you have the account in good standing for at least a year tho. It will be a HP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.