cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Citi approve me?

Regular Contributor

Will Citi approve me?

Hello people, I wanted to ask if anyone previously had a Home Depot credit card that went to collections? If so, have you been "blacklisted" from Citi from being approved again for any of there cards or for a certain amount of years?

 

I had a Home Depot credit card issued by Citi that went to collections and I settled with a CA at the beginning of this year. I'm trying to hold off on applying for new cards until a year from now. I would like to know if I most likely will automatically be rejected because of this or not?

 

Any help is appreciated thanks.

4 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: Will Citi approve me?

According to a Citi CSR today, they policy recently changed.  They are able to bring up old accounts and will base approvals on the history of one's old account. 

Established Contributor

Re: Will Citi approve me?


DI wrote:

According to a Citi CSR today, they policy recently changed.  They are able to bring up old accounts and will base approvals on the history of one's old account. 



Wait - an old charged off account could count as a POSITIVE thing? Not like it does me any good either way.

EQ 679 FICO (02/24/2012)
TU 721 FICO (03/10/2012)
EX 703 FICO (05/05/2012)

Cards: NFCU cashRewards $14k, NFCU Platinum $14k, USAA Amex $7k, Amazon Visa $3k, Chase Freedom $2.5k, Amex Zync NPSL, Discover More $1k, Amazon Store $1.3k, Walmart Store $700
Established Contributor

Re: Will Citi approve me?


AndyK wrote:

DI wrote:

According to a Citi CSR today, they policy recently changed.  They are able to bring up old accounts and will base approvals on the history of one's old account



Wait - an old charged off account could count as a POSITIVE thing? Not like it does me any good either way.


I take that to mean old charged off accounts will automatically be denied. I don't see how a CO could be positive. But who knows. Won't know till you try. Personally, I wouldn't ask for credit from any bank that I screwed over.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Will Citi approve me?


OnTheRebound wrote:

I take that to mean old charged off accounts will automatically be denied. I don't see how a CO could be positive. But who knows. Won't know till you try. Personally, I wouldn't ask for credit from any bank that I screwed over.



That definitely makes more sense, but I assumed banks ALREADY knew what charged off accounts there were in someone's history, either based on their own archives/records or based on the person's credit report.

It's just that to me "base approvals on the history of one's old account" sounds like basing it on the actual history of the old account, not on whether it was charged off or not.

But I do agree, if I had a CO with a bank/ccc, I probably wouldn't try to apply for an account with them again, unless a whole lot of time had passed.

EQ 679 FICO (02/24/2012)
TU 721 FICO (03/10/2012)
EX 703 FICO (05/05/2012)

Cards: NFCU cashRewards $14k, NFCU Platinum $14k, USAA Amex $7k, Amazon Visa $3k, Chase Freedom $2.5k, Amex Zync NPSL, Discover More $1k, Amazon Store $1.3k, Walmart Store $700