Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Citi give auto cli?

tag
epicureanism
Contributor

Will Citi give auto cli?

Tomorrow I am going to get the 5th statement of my citi forward. My current cl is only 2k. I really liked the card and spend usually more than 1k on this card every month. Do people on this board get Citi auto cli after 5 or 6 month? If yes, under what conditions? Thanks!!! 

Current Cards: BOA Better Rewards (2.5k), Citi Forward (2k), AMEX Blue Cash Preferred (6k), AMEX SPG (7.5k), DISCOVER (1k), Chase Freedom (7k).

Credit Karma: 752, Credit Sesame: 736.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Will Citi give auto cli?

@epicureanism wrote:

Tomorrow I am going to get the 5th statement of my citi forward. My current cl is only 2k. I really liked the card and spend usually more than 1k on this card every month. Do people on this board get Citi auto cli after 5 or 6 month? If yes, under what conditions? Thanks!!! 

Citi is a 6 month reviewer

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

They do give out auto CLIs.
Just maintain a low utilization for all your cards, use the card more and pay as much as u can....basically the same way as u would to improve your scores.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 9
epicureanism
Contributor

I am really happy to hear that. Will they give the auto cli for sure after 6 month? Or we have to satisfy certain conditions? Thanks! 

Current Cards: BOA Better Rewards (2.5k), Citi Forward (2k), AMEX Blue Cash Preferred (6k), AMEX SPG (7.5k), DISCOVER (1k), Chase Freedom (7k).

Message 4 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

There's no guaranteed auto cli for any lender. Basically the better you maintain your CR and the more you use their card, the higher your chances.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 9
gstq34
Contributor

I got a CLI from them early with a HP.  Simplicity card 18mo promo @ 0% so I wanted to BT and carry for a bit!  I'll cross my fingers at 6mo. for a soft pull auto CLI.  

Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 764 EX (FAKO)
Goal Score: 760 all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
epicureanism
Contributor

May I ask how you get cli with hp before 6 month? Thanks! 

Message 7 of 9
Lpbelleza27
Valued Member

I never received a auto increase with them. I had the card last yr. After doing researches, I clicked the cli button (just 1 month ago) and i got instantly approved with a soft pull. They double my initial limit. So hit the luv button on your 6th month. They are usually very generous. 

Message 8 of 9
epicureanism
Contributor

Did you fill in the form which asks for some personal information after clicking the cli button? Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.