cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Citibank move my CL from one product to another?

tag
PNut08
New Contributor

Will Citibank move my CL from one product to another?

I see a few threads on the front page here where people have successfully PC'd recently with citibank. I have 2 credit cards issued through citibank. A thank you card and a goodyear card. I used the goodyear card once for a 6 mo. no interest promotion, but have since put it in a drawer and haven't used it. Does anyone know if it's possible to close the goodyear account and transfer the $2k CL to my thank you card? I don't want my over all available credit/utilization to change and losing $2k of available credit would hurt my score. Anyone had success with something like this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Cranski
Valued Member

Re: Will Citibank move my CL from one product to another?

@Anonymous wrote:

@thobbs wrote:

I currently have a Citi Diamond Preferred Card and wanted to switch over to the Citi ThankYou Rewards card.  Has anyone been successful in doing this?  I don't want to app for another credit card, just simply switch to the newer card.  Is this even possible?

Why you want Citi thankyou card?    That rewards is not good as others ... I am not talking about earning % ... I am talking about when you redeem your pts.

There is thread posted by UFguy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-Product-Changes/td-p/947232

CS 701, CK 682, Credit.com 719/ TU FICO 666 (DIS 8/12) EU FICO 658 (8/12)
After spree CS 738, CK 684, TU FICO 666 (Dis 8/5)

WF Secured 600Cl (7/11), Discover More 1.5k (8/12), Walmart 150CL(8/12), Cap1 Platinum w/Credit steps($300) (8/12)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.