cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Discover give me a big bump at the 90 day mark?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will Discover give me a big bump at the 90 day mark?

Oh wow.

Okay. I think you just broke record for lowest score approval unsecured Discover.

Record for lowest secured I think was like 478 or so.
Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep ... but on the other hand, they definitely know where to find me.

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

For sure.

That's great. Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the scores in the OP's sig, I'm wondering why Discover opened the account with only $500. My scores were much lower when I apped and they gave me $3K, (since increased to $4250),

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be very interesting to see what happens in June when my six months are up and I become CLI elgible.  My FICO scores are now in the mid 600s, plus I've been filling up and emptying my bucket three of four times a month (oh, by the way, employee interest rate is 7.9% for the life of the card, but I've never come close to carrying a balance.)  

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried the CLI button yet?
Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

And holy moly....Thats a NICE APR!
Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried the CLI button a couple times, it denies me.  I'm not going to try again until six months, I'll trust that the recon process did something to freeze me out.  

Message 18 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I think at the time my EQ was 544, TU was 552.  Like I said, they did me a huge favor.  My score was trashed by some garbage collections that I've had removed since then, but still, my scores didn't merity a card and I wouldn't have applied at all if I didn't need to pay for everything here with a Discover card.

Assume since you work for DFS is why you got approvedSmiley Happy.   They indeed know where to find you and call it a perk of working for them.

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is pretty tight with CLs with me for some reason. I've tried the CLI button a couple of times, and it requests a call and finally it just denies me outright. I will probably try through chat next time in 90 days but if I don't get a decent CLI in a year I probably won't try anymore.

@Anonymous wrote:

I work at DFS and while customer acquisition isn't my area, I'm surprised that they started you off so low.  They started me with a $500 limit and my FICO was abysmal (they basically did me a huge favor giving me a card at all ... thanks recon.)  Recon told me that I wouldn't be eligible for a CLI until 6 months.  I tried the love button at the four month mark just to test it and was denied (soft pull ... or maybe no pull.)  

If you don't get a CLI, I have a backdoor suggestion for you ... apply for a Discover it Miles card.  Discover now allows you to have more than one card and they will allow you to combine the cards in a few months (the system isn't ready yet.)  Miles has a very nice first year rewards structure, you're basically getting 3% on every purchase.

I don't know if Discover will be of much use for me, the $500 will mainly be used for Gas and Restuarants. I get better rewards on my Venture. I might apply for the Discover It Miles but I have way too much new credit (3 cards) so I think I'm going to let them grow on my account for a bit... And Discover is pretty much not accepted anywhere in Western Europe which accepts Visa everywhere and AmEx at most places, and I visit there a lot.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.