Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Hooter's approve me?

tag
kobe81
Regular Contributor

Re: Will Hooter's approve me?

i asked them they same question, and they said they will review the account again, and the CL might be give a boost. but still, this isn't a prime card like i thought.
Message 31 of 76
NICKI183
Established Contributor

@kobe81 wrote:
if i may ask, what's the big deal with this card? i got approved, but i only applied because of the threads on here about it. i'm thinking of cutting it up when i get it.

For those of us who have had scores in the low 500's and nearing the 600's the Hooters card seems like a prime candidate. They seem to give high CL's and the rewards program is pretty cool. Having a cool looking card doesn't help either. I also agree with Cheddar, before, apply for a card review the forums and do YOUR homework. To some of US the HOOTERS card is a stepping stone to recognition of "gardening our credit" and the start of entering the relm of PRIME credit. With a high introductory credit limit you will no longer have to seek the sub-primes who only give $300 CL. This is just my opinion...
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 32 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know, I haven't been approved by Hooters... And I've been noticing more denials and initial CL's under $1k lately... I wonder, have they altered their underwriting standards??
Message 33 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jennabean wrote:
You know, I haven't been approved by Hooters... And I've been noticing more denials and initial CL's under $1k lately... I wonder, have they altered their underwriting standards??

So funny you mentioned that because I was about two minutes away from starting a new thread asking the same thing.

About 6 months ago, Hooters was THE card for people who were rebuilding and needed a nice large starting CL.  Lately, though, I've seen an awful lot of $500 limits on Hooters cards.  I think that was unheard of just a few months ago.

Message 34 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So funny you mentioned that because I was about two minutes away from starting a new thread asking the same thing.

About 6 months ago, Hooters was THE card for people who were rebuilding and needed a nice large starting CL.  Lately, though, I've seen an awful lot of $500 limits on Hooters cards.  I think that was unheard of just a few months ago.

Yeah, I know!!! I asked about this card here months ago, and I asked for denial details from anyone who had been denied, and the response I got was "Well, I've never heard of anyone being denied for this card!"

Add in that the lowest CL I ever saw for this card (until a couple weeks ago, anyhow) was $1500. Now, all I see are $500's, and that's for people with pretty decent credit, too.

Some have gotten the first purchase trick CLI (1st purchase, Starbucks, PIF, insta-CLI, apparently), but many people are calling and cancelling before even getting the card in the mail, and that's due to horribly low CL's.

They used to at *least* be good about matching the highest CL on your report or therabouts, but if I got approved with a $500 CL right now, that would be my 2nd lowest CL.

WEIRD.

Maybe this DOES need its own thread....
Message 35 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jennabean wrote:

Maybe this DOES need its own thread....

I agree.  Go for it! Smiley Tongue

Message 36 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Done!
Message 37 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got mine and it is a $1500 CL.

cheddar wrote:

Jennabean wrote:

Message 38 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

beenthere wrote:
I just got mine and it is a $1500 CL.

I remember back in the day when the standard was more like $4-5K.  There were so many "WOW, that's my biggest CL EVER!!!!!" posts.

Message 39 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well everybody, I am sad to report that I was denied for the Hooter's cardSmiley Sad.  I have no idea if it was the fact that I tried to have them as my first "rebuilder card" (refer back to my original "will Hooter's approve me question") or if they have become strict as some of us are starting to believe. 

My rejection letter says the following:

"After careful review of your recent application, we are not able to offer you credit at this time.  If you would like a statement for specific reasons your application was denied, please contact our credit department at the following address or telephone number within 60 days of the date on which you received this letter. "

And I'm sure you know the rest!  Now, What should I do?  The only thing I have is a Kay Jeweler's account I received last week (haven't used yet), my car payment, and student loan (all in good standing), and an application out to CCCU. 

Should I call Hooter's or what? 
Message 40 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.