Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I Ever Get Off Amex Blacklist?

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Will I Ever Get Off Amex Blacklist?

FYI......Amex has a lonnnnnnggggg memory and as long as you still owe them money, you will never get back in. So, pay them the money you owe, and you have a good chance o getting back it.
Message 11 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
FYI......Amex has a lonnnnnnggggg memory and as long as you still owe them money, you will never get back in. So, pay them the money you owe, and you have a good chance o getting back it.

Right, but as others have said, if the only reason is to get an Amex (rather than feeling the need to pay all debts) $6K is a lot and it's not clear the benefits are worth it.

Message 12 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It's really up to the person how bad they want back in. If try want by bad enough, pay them the money, if you never pay them back, you never get back in. It's that simple. So I guess decide how bad you want itSmiley Happy
Message 13 of 19
silkwood

I burned AmEx for ~$4500 in BK7 in 2003. They approved me for both Gold and SPG in my first attempt after the BK7 came off my report this year and happily backdated to 2002, which I requested under the guise of changing the way my name was printed on the card ("oh, by the way..."). The cards originally came printed Member Since '13.

Good luck...

Message 14 of 19
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

I disagree with the "you will NEVER get back in" statment,  I have a charge off from them 16 years ago, apped for the zync in '00 and BSP this year and was instantly approved for both. but it is a YMMV situation.

Message 15 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@slap_happy wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

I disagree with the "you will NEVER get back in" statement,  I have a charge off from them 16 years ago, apped for the zync in '00 and BSP this year and was instantly approved for both. but it is a YMMV situation.

+1

@pizza1 - it appears your statement is inacurate.  As slap_happy pointed out, there have been several posts from other folks who have been able to re-establish their relationship with AMEX (not including anyone who doesn't post on these forums) whether AMEX was IIB or individuals had a previous outstanding debt with them.

While most outcomes are YEMV situations, it appears there have been alternative methods in which folks have been able to get back in, whether it's with the OASIS program, length of time after delinquency or BK, etc.  So, "never" is contrary to the realm of possibility.

Message 16 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Ack!! God, you guys are ganging up on me! Jesus... Sorry for the apparently wrong info I gave! Just disregard all and any info !
Message 17 of 19
Omw800
Contributor

6 years is not a long time and your probably still fresh in their system. I would just pay them, if you owe the money, after all you did spend it.

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 19
compassion101
Established Contributor

For 6k I'll add you as an AU on mine Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.