cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be approved for Amex BCP, BCE, or BC?

tag
Royal_Flush
Valued Member

Will I be approved for Amex BCP, BCE, or BC?

I've recently been looking into getting another credit card. The American Express BCP, BCE, and BC caught my attention. Are my credentials below good enough for them, preferrably the BCP? (The information below relates to EX (as of  02/23/13) and only being with a local credit union)

EX: 763

Utilization Rate: 15% (I can lower it if needed)

OAA: 7.3 years

AAoA: 5.8 years

Delinquents: 0

Late payments: 0

Hard inquiries: 1 (8/11)

Installment loans: 1 - $28,185/Auto (07/11)

Credit cards: 1 - $5k/I was going to ask them for a CLI soon to $10k (10/05) 

When I was looking over my EX report, it had an additional digit in my address, making it incorrect. They also don't have my year of birth, current employer, or previous employer listed. I'm going to fix this, but I just wanted to know if that would somehow make a difference? 

If I'm able to qualify for the BCP, BCE, or BC, is it correct to assume I'd qualify for the Green and Gold charge cards as well?

In regards to any card, is it better to apply online or over the phone? 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: (First Amex card) BCP, BCE, or BC; are my credentials good enough?

@Royal_Flush wrote:

I've recently been looking into getting another credit card. The American Express BCP, BCE, and BC caught my attention. Are my credentials below good enough for them, preferrably the BCP? (The information below relates to EX (as of  02/23/13) and only being with a local credit union)

EX: 763

Utilization Rate: 15% (I can lower it if needed)

OAA: 7.3 years

AAoA: 5.8 years

Delinquents: 0

Late payments: 0

Hard inquiries: 1 (8/11)

Installment loans: 1 - $28,185/Auto (07/11)

Credit cards: 1 - $5k/I was going to ask them for a CLI soon to $10k (10/05) 

When I was looking over my EX report, it had an additional digit in my address, making it incorrect. They also don't have my year of birth, current employer, or previous employer listed. I'm going to fix this, but I just wanted to know if that would somehow make a difference? 

If I'm able to qualify for the BCP, BCE, or BC, is it correct to assume I'd qualify for the Green and Gold charge cards as well?

In regards to any card, is it better to apply online or over the phone? 

Welcome to the forums!!!!

I'd go straight for the revolver of your choice, you should have no problem getting it either. They like to start off with not so hot CL's so dont be alarmed about it. Yo ucan get a 3x CLI in 61 days.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 28
Royal_Flush
Valued Member

@LS2982 wrote:

I'd go straight for the revolver of your choice, you should have no problem getting it either. They like to start off with not so hot CL's so dont be alarmed about it. Yo ucan get a 3x CLI in 61 days.

Is it better to apply online, or over the phone? 

Message 3 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Royal_Flush wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Either or. I'd probably do it over the phone that way your already on there if they approve and they can give you your CL.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

+1000 good luck

@LS2982 wrote:

@Royal_Flush wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Either or. I'd probably do it over the phone that way your already on there if they approve and they can give you your CL.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 28
Royal_Flush
Valued Member

Re: Will I be approved for Amex BCP, BCE, or BC?

Would it hurt or benefit me to ask for and receive a CLI to $10k wih my current and only credit card (boere applying)?

Message 6 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

It may cost you a HP but other than that no.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 28
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

If it helps, I was approved for the BCP with a 780 FICO on EX and I only 1 credit card on my file. I received a $4,500 limit and just received a 3x CLI yesterday to $13,500 after only 61 days. My AAoA was 4 years. I had 2 inquiries on EX (the report Amex pulled) and my income was over $60k.

Good luck!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 8 of 28
Royal_Flush
Valued Member

@SnackTrader wrote:
If it helps, I was approved for the BCP with a 780 FICO on EX and I only 1 credit card on my file. I received a $4,500 limit and just received a 3x CLI yesterday to $13,500 after only 61 days. My AAoA was 4 years. I had 2 inquiries on EX (the report Amex pulled) and my income was over $60k.

Good luck!

Did you apply online or over the phone?

Message 9 of 28
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

I think the BCP or BCE would be perfect for you. For deciding between the two, will your cashback on the BCP outweigh the AF? i.e. Will your cashback for a year's of spending be more than $75 more than what you'd get form the BCE if you used the BCP?

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.