Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be approved for a AMEX GOLD?

tag
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

Re: Will I be approved for a AMEX GOLD?

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Go for Gold PRG (Annual Fee is waived for the first year), next year downgrade to regular gold if you dont want to 175$.

Also apply a Amex credit card right after you apply for the gold card. You might as well get luck with two products in one pull. 

If you go this route, you should always apply for the charge card (gold) first and then the revolver (credit card)

This is what I would do.

I just did the same thing yesterday.  I applied for the Green Charge card first and after being approved hand the CS rep run me through the app process for the Gold Delta CC and was also approved.  Only 1 inq for 2 cards that way. 

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 40
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Go for Gold PRG (Annual Fee is waived for the first year), next year downgrade to regular gold if you dont want to 175$.

Also apply a Amex credit card right after you apply for the gold card. You might as well get luck with two products in one pull. 

If you go this route, you should always apply for the charge card (gold) first and then the revolver (credit card)

I did this and got turned down for the revolver, AMEX was nice enough to only pull EX for the first app but went ahead and triple pulled me for the revolver.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 12 of 40
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

I did this and got turned down for the revolver, AMEX was nice enough to only pull EX for the first app but went ahead and triple pulled me for the revolver.

OUCH!!!!!!

Message 13 of 40
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

@ibmrad7 wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

OUCH!!!!!!

They triple pulled me also.  The first time I applied for only the Charge card on 1/31 and they pulled all 3, then again yesterday and they pulled all 3 and I was approved for both cards. 

Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14

Message 14 of 40
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

I wonder what triggers this 3 pull for some of us.

Message 15 of 40
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@ibmrad7 wrote:

I wonder what triggers this 3 pull for some of us.

Most likely a border line approval, they want to make sure there isn't anything out there they are missing.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 16 of 40
enharu
Super Contributor

so if I apply for the PRG and get approved, I can't apply for the Blue cash right away?

I thought both would be considered as 1 HP? Smiley Sad

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 40
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

so if I apply for the PRG and get approved, I can't apply for the Blue cash right away?

It is possible for it to be only 1 hard pull, but there have been cases of border line approval where they have triple pulled people for the revolver application, yet other have gotten away with only 1 hard pull... if will be a YMMV type of thing

Message 18 of 40
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Keep us posted if you go this route Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 40
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Yes, you can apply for the Blue Card at the same time.  I applied for a Charge card and Credit card back to back yesterday and was approved. If you apply for the PRG they may pull all three right away.  If they only pull Experian and you get approved for the PRG, then applying for the Blue card right away may make them pull the other 2.  However you do it the most you are going to see is 1 HP on each, TU, EX, and EQ and the least is going to be 1 HP total.  I would venture to guess there is no way you get declined for the PRG without them pulling all 3.   

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.