Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be approved for a AMEX GOLD?

tag
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

Re: Will I be approved for a AMEX GOLD?

@enharu wrote:
So if I apply for the PRG, got approved.... And I apply for the blue cash, if denied, is it going to be a soft pull or another hp?

I have 4 inquiries in the past month due to an auto loan. That's prolly gonna screw me over Smiley Sad
Thanks!!!

How did they pull your credit for the PRG? Just EX or did they pull others?  I just asked them after I got approved for the Green card if they would use the same credit info and they said yes.  I would just call up and ask.

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 40
enharu
Super Contributor

Is it better to apply over the phone then?
Did u call the recon line or the normal customer service number?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 32 of 40
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Is it better to apply over the phone then?
Did u call the recon line or the normal customer service number?

I don't know if over the phone is better, I do know I prefer to talk to someone vs. Just typing in my info.

I called the normal customer service number but I gave them the "reference" number that was associated with my first application on 2/1.  The CS rep was very helpful and knowledgeable and they even had to pass me off to someone else to call my bank and verify my address.  It was all handled smoothly and professionally.  

If I were you I would just call and say something to the effect of   "I was just approved for your PRG card and would also like to apply for the Blue Cash CC.  Will you be able to use the same credit info for the BCE app as you did for the PRG?"  I was told applying for a second card immediately after the first would not be viewed negatively, and they were going to use the info obtained for the Green Charge card app on the app for the Gold Delta CC. 

Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14

Message 33 of 40
enharu
Super Contributor

Thanks a lot! That's what I will do then! :d
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 34 of 40
mikemogadas

Ok so I called them again and got a clear answer regarding the second inquiry question:

According to her, they will pull another hard inquiry (even if its on the same day) because the Blue cash is a different type of card than the Amex Gold , if they were both credit cards, or both charge cards, it would've been fine, but since theyre not they will pretty much act like its a new applicant again. so yea sucks for me.

Message 35 of 40
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

@mikemogadas wrote:

Ok so I called them again and got a clear answer regarding the second inquiry question:

According to her, they will pull another hard inquiry (even if its on the same day) because the Blue cash is a different type of card than the Amex Gold , if they were both credit cards, or both charge cards, it would've been fine, but since theyre not they will pretty much act like its a new applicant again. so yea sucks for me.

That's true, you can only do 2 charge card or 2 revolver with a same pull. Btw, congratz and what I said about Amex approving everyone this month.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 36 of 40
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

@mikemogadas wrote:

Wow that is strange.  I pulled my report today and confirmend only 1HP for both.  At least you got the PRG card you were after in the first place. 

Message 37 of 40
HiLine
Blogger

@mikemogadas wrote:

It's not unusual for credit card issuers to pull two separate inquiries for two different products. The good news is, if the inquiries happen close enough to each other, the CRA will probably combine them into one. I'm assuming that Amex pulls from Experian both times, of course. 

Message 38 of 40
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I got triple pulled but IMHO it was worth it to get an in with AMEX. I applied for the PRG and Gold Delta Skymiles card both approved with 7 months history (new credit user).

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 39 of 40
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@mikemogadas wrote:

It's not unusual for credit card issuers to pull two separate inquiries for two different products. The good news is, if the inquiries happen close enough to each other, the CRA will probably combine them into one. I'm assuming that Amex pulls from Experian both times, of course. 

From my understanding (I have been wrong before) them counting as one only works when the inquiry is coded as for a car or mortgage, not when coded for a credit card.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.