Frequent Contributor
CredittotheMax

Re: Will I be approved for a AMEX GOLD?

Go for it, Amex have been approving left and right lately.

$3.5k$4.5k$2k$4k$2k

FICO = EQ: 729 (6/13) TU:744 (12/27) EX: ?
mikemogadas

I just went ahead and applied for the GOLD, and got approved!! tried to do the vlue cash afterwards but she told me they will run a hard inquiry again so got over it, anyways really happy right now! wanted to thank everyone!

Regular Contributor
VegasKyle

mikemogadas wrote:

I just went ahead and applied for the GOLD, and got approved!! tried to do the vlue cash afterwards but she told me they will run a hard inquiry again so got over it, anyways really happy right now! wanted to thank everyone!

Nice!!

I would call back and talk with someone else about the Blue Cash CC.  I don't see why they would run back to back hard inqs,  I did the exact thing just yesterday and they only ran 1 hard pull on each EX, EQ, and TU and were able to aprove both cards. 

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
rlx01

First, I think OP would easily be approved for a PRG (check out the current 50k MR for 1k spend offer going around).

Second, the pulls AMEX makes are unpredictable. My partner and I have an identical CR at all 3 CRAs. I was double pulled in SF (EX + TU) for a single PRG app. She was single pulled (EX) for a PRG + SPG. We have the same individual income.

As always, YMMV.

Super Contributor
enharu

Did u app for the blue cash or just the gold in the end?

Vegaskyle: how many HP did they pull for u? Which credit card did you apply for? Did you do it over the phone or online?

Thanks!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
New Contributor
CreditAce

Congrats! See nothing to worry about :smileywink:

Regular Contributor
VegasKyle

[ Edited ]

enharu wrote:
Did u app for the blue cash or just the gold in the end?

Vegaskyle: how many HP did they pull for u? Which credit card did you apply for? Did you do it over the phone or online?

Thanks!

I originally applied for just the Green Charge Card on 2/1 and was denied.  They pulled all 3 at that time but only listed Experian on the denial letter.  Basically havening no open tradelines and no score was the reason given.  I was approved for a Wels Fargo Visa card on 1/31 and it reported to Experian on 2/20.  I called AMEX yesterday and gave the CS rep the "tracking number" on my denial from 2/1 and told him I now had a tradeline and a score from Experian.  I re applied for the Green charge card and was approved and asked CS to process my application for the Gold Delta CC too, I was approved.  They hard pulled all three one time for both the Green and Gold Delta CC yesterday. All over the phone. 

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
LS2982

teddybearkelli1 wrote:

They are definitely not inquiry sensitive, you should fine to go for the gold. :smileyhappy:

That is definitely YMMV. Amex will decline for INQ's if alot are recent.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Super Contributor
enharu

So if I apply for the PRG, got approved.... And I apply for the blue cash, if denied, is it going to be a soft pull or another hp?

I have 4 inquiries in the past month due to an auto loan. That's prolly gonna screw me over :smileysad:
Thanks!!!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor
ryanbush

enharu wrote:
So if I apply for the PRG, got approved.... And I apply for the blue cash, if denied, is it going to be a soft pull or another hp?

I have 4 inquiries in the past month due to an auto loan. That's prolly gonna screw me over :smileysad:
Thanks!!!

Just depends on AMEX, they are all over the place on this.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}