Regular Contributor
VegasKyle

Re: Will I be approved for a AMEX GOLD?

enharu wrote:
So if I apply for the PRG, got approved.... And I apply for the blue cash, if denied, is it going to be a soft pull or another hp?

I have 4 inquiries in the past month due to an auto loan. That's prolly gonna screw me over :smileysad:
Thanks!!!

How did they pull your credit for the PRG? Just EX or did they pull others?  I just asked them after I got approved for the Green card if they would use the same credit info and they said yes.  I would just call up and ask.

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
enharu

Is it better to apply over the phone then?
Did u call the recon line or the normal customer service number?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Regular Contributor
VegasKyle

enharu wrote:
Is it better to apply over the phone then?
Did u call the recon line or the normal customer service number?

I don't know if over the phone is better, I do know I prefer to talk to someone vs. Just typing in my info.

I called the normal customer service number but I gave them the "reference" number that was associated with my first application on 2/1.  The CS rep was very helpful and knowledgeable and they even had to pass me off to someone else to call my bank and verify my address.  It was all handled smoothly and professionally.  

If I were you I would just call and say something to the effect of   "I was just approved for your PRG card and would also like to apply for the Blue Cash CC.  Will you be able to use the same credit info for the BCE app as you did for the PRG?"  I was told applying for a second card immediately after the first would not be viewed negatively, and they were going to use the info obtained for the Green Charge card app on the app for the Gold Delta CC. 

Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14

Super Contributor
enharu

Thanks a lot! That's what I will do then! :d
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
mikemogadas

Ok so I called them again and got a clear answer regarding the second inquiry question:

According to her, they will pull another hard inquiry (even if its on the same day) because the Blue cash is a different type of card than the Amex Gold , if they were both credit cards, or both charge cards, it would've been fine, but since theyre not they will pretty much act like its a new applicant again. so yea sucks for me.

Frequent Contributor
CredittotheMax

mikemogadas wrote:

Ok so I called them again and got a clear answer regarding the second inquiry question:

According to her, they will pull another hard inquiry (even if its on the same day) because the Blue cash is a different type of card than the Amex Gold , if they were both credit cards, or both charge cards, it would've been fine, but since theyre not they will pretty much act like its a new applicant again. so yea sucks for me.

That's true, you can only do 2 charge card or 2 revolver with a same pull. Btw, congratz and what I said about Amex approving everyone this month.

$3.5k$4.5k$2k$4k$2k

FICO = EQ: 729 (6/13) TU:744 (12/27) EX: ?
Regular Contributor
VegasKyle

mikemogadas wrote:

Wow that is strange.  I pulled my report today and confirmend only 1HP for both.  At least you got the PRG card you were after in the first place. 

Blogger
HiLine

mikemogadas wrote:

It's not unusual for credit card issuers to pull two separate inquiries for two different products. The good news is, if the inquiries happen close enough to each other, the CRA will probably combine them into one. I'm assuming that Amex pulls from Experian both times, of course. 

Frequent Contributor
WarJar101

I got triple pulled but IMHO it was worth it to get an in with AMEX. I applied for the PRG and Gold Delta Skymiles card both approved with 7 months history (new credit user).

Cap One Platinum MC $2.5k CL (08/12)
Citi Forward Student Visa Card $1.5k CL (09/12)
Express NEXT Card $0.25k CL (02/13), Jcrew CC $0.7k CL(02/13)
AMEX PRG NPSL (03/13), AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 2k (03/13)
Walmart Credit Card $1.5k (03/13)
TU: 687 FICO (3/13) | EX: 692 Lender Pull (3/13) | EQ: 678 (4/1/13)
Valued Contributor
ryanbush

[ Edited ]

HiLine wrote:

mikemogadas wrote:

It's not unusual for credit card issuers to pull two separate inquiries for two different products. The good news is, if the inquiries happen close enough to each other, the CRA will probably combine them into one. I'm assuming that Amex pulls from Experian both times, of course. 

From my understanding (I have been wrong before) them counting as one only works when the inquiry is coded as for a car or mortgage, not when coded for a credit card.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}