cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be eligible for a second card or a CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I be eligible for a second card or a CLI?

Long story short I am 20 years old and have school loans and three cards, my history is decent as my father helped open accounts when I was younger, and my current score I believe is around 685-700. Within the last three months I have had 3 HP's. One for a loan which I decided I don't want (yes dumb - I should have thought harder on that one), one for a CC which I was denied (I applied for a card that I shouldn't have and required a higher credit score), and another for the Chase Freedom which I was approved for a $2000 CL.

I need to make a purchase which I will be able to pay off in full in six months, but for now I would much rather put it on a 0% APR card than to take out that loan for.

My problem is my CL on the Freedok card is only $2k and I don't want to max out that card and have an insane utilization ratio. I'm wondering what to do or what your input is for me? Should I get another HP and ask chase for a CLI, and if so how likely do you think that is to happen? Should I apply for another card with 0% APR like my chase? What should I do?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Will I be eligible for a second card or a CLI?

1. What card where you denied for?

2. Have you checked if you get any pre-qual offers when you go to citicards.com?

3. I know your Chase is new but go to chase.com and see if you are pre-qual for any cards there too... if you got an offer for slate that would be a great place to park a 6 month purchase.

Both Citi and Chase tend to be GOLD if you are offered a card through the pre-qual.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Citi Diamond Preferred and was denied. If I was denied one citi card does that ruin my chances of getting another like the double cash or whatever it's called?

I'll check on prequalified stuff tonight after work, I appreciate that suggestion.
Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the Citi Diamond Preferred and was denied. If I was denied one citi card does that ruin my chances of getting another like the double cash or whatever it's called?

I'll check on prequalified stuff tonight after work, I appreciate that suggestion.

i would answer that based on if you get a pre-qual offer when you do it online.

you can also check capitalone.com too

Message 4 of 7
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Try BoA Better Balance Rewards card. Even if it doesn't give you instant approval, we can walk you through contacting them through the backdoor and what questions they may ask you. This card rewards you with $25 every quarter as long as you allow a monthly balance to report and make at least the minimum payment.

Cap1 is an option but they pull every credit and risk report under the sun.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool so you think that I'll get approved for another card?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.