Frequent Contributor
steve23111

Re: Will I ever be prime again....

beb86 wrote:
That was not my intent I apoligize if it sounded that way. There have just been posters here that have had AMEX close there accounts after the realized that there was a previous CO that is all. 

No problem.  I've opened three accounts, applied for 3 CLI's (received 1), and push about 75% of my reported annual income through these cards (PIF each month, of course!)... so if there were any red flags I could possibly throw up, they would have been flapping in the breeze long ago.

5/2002 - Chapter 7
7/2011 - Equifax FICO 693
5/2012 - Equifax FICO 812! In the "800 Club!"
2/2013 - Lender-pulled EQ FICO 821 (car loan)
7/2014 - Lender-pulled EQ FICO 832 (car loan)
Valued Contributor
beb86

steve23111 wrote:

beb86 wrote:
That was not my intent I apoligize if it sounded that way. There have just been posters here that have had AMEX close there accounts after the realized that there was a previous CO that is all. 

No problem.  I've opened three accounts, applied for 3 CLI's (received 1), and push about 75% of my reported annual income through these cards (PIF each month, of course!)... so if there were any red flags I could possibly throw up, they would have been flapping in the breeze long ago.

Haha yeah I hear that... Congrats on the Post BK success!!!

ccpics2.jpg
Frequent Contributor
shols44

I'm definitely encouraged with your successes folks! Duncanrr, I agree with you. My BK happened as a combined result of serious family illness and horrible real estate dive. After a few years of very lucrative deals, I decided to go big about 6 months before Bear Stearns croaked. Instead of bailing, I dug deeper and piled on CC debt on my very large limits thinking I would be fine in the long run. All while paying for 24hr care for the pops. In any case, thats all history. My financial house is definitely in order and thank God I found this site.

I just feel better knowing I'm not stuck with CreditOne for the next five years lol. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 706 EQ,TU 689,EX 686
Goal Score: 720

Valued Contributor
beb86

shols44 wrote:

I'm definitely encouraged with your successes folks! Duncanrr, I agree with you. My BK happened as a combined result of serious family illness and horrible real estate dive. After a few years of very lucrative deals, I decided to go big about 6 months before Bear Stearns croaked. Instead of bailing, I dug deeper and piled on CC debt on my very large limits thinking I would be fine in the long run. All while paying for 24hr care for the pops. In any case, thats all history. My financial house is definitely in order and thank God I found this site.

I just feel better knowing I'm not stuck with CreditOne for the next five years lol. 

RUN FROM CREDIT ONE....no grace period, and after the first year a monthly AF, charge to get a CLI....etc...

ccpics2.jpg
Established Contributor
distantarray

beb86 wrote:

shols44 wrote:

RUN FROM CREDIT ONE....no grace period, and after the first year a monthly AF, charge to get a CLI....etc...

This, secured cards or prime or nothing

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Frequent Contributor
shols44

Point taken. 

Assuming I stay the course for another 1 year, when would it be safe to attempt a prime app? Which one would you guys recommend? 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 706 EQ,TU 689,EX 686
Goal Score: 720

Valued Contributor
Duncanrr

shols44 wrote:

All the best to you.  My brother got in trouble with stock options so I know how quickly it can turn from good to bad.  There are some excellent people here with tremendous amounts of knowledge.  When you get about a year post BK you could probably look at Barclays and some other BK friendly lenders.  Im not too familiar with BK rebuidling as its something Ive never had to do but there are others here that can chime in.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
distantarray

shols44 wrote:

Point taken. 

Assuming I stay the course for another 1 year, when would it be safe to attempt a prime app? Which one would you guys recommend? 

Cap One, Hooters,  Barclay cards, Citi, HSBC are a few that are bankruptcy friendly.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
beb86

distantarray wrote:

shols44 wrote:

Point taken. 

Cap One, Hooters,  Barclay cards, Citi, HSBC are a few that are bankruptcy friendly.

Have the opened applications up??...AFAIK it has been cancelled. But I dont know I haven't looked in a long time.

ccpics2.jpg
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

shols44 wrote:

Point taken. 

From this thread http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Bk-friendly-creditors/td-p/1363947/page/2 I'm seeing state credit union (don't know what this is)... started our secured then went unsecured after 1 year. Also Barclay's apple. Discover more... 36 months post Bk.... May wanna check it out and see what other members are getting. Ive fortunately never been in your shoes. Good luck on your rebuild :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}