Did you mean: 

Will I get approve for a Amex card

tag
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

Re: Will I get approve for a Amex card

@quest208 wrote:
Why zync and not green (or gold)?

Cause without a FICO we can't be sure, with a FAKO at that much you can most likely get a Zync.. imo.

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 11 of 46
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Do you know what your file looks like on EX?? If it's the same as EQ i'd see what your FICO is on this website and try for a charge card (Zync, Green) with AMEX if its over 660.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 46
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I've read on this forum that the criteria for the AmEx charge cards was the same, just the benefits and AF differed. I was shot down twice for the Zync and was approved for Green, so who knows.
Message 13 of 46
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
I've read on this forum that the criteria for the AmEx charge cards was the same, just the benefits and AF differed. I was shot down twice for the Zync and was approved for Green, so who knows.

They may pull multiple reports for revolvers tho if your scores are iffy. I don't think they do that for charge cards.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 46
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@PetRaccoon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
It was a freescore.com I'm not sure...

I believe they give out Vantage scores, which are FAKOs..

I think you can apply for a Zync, but I can't say for sure if you'd get a Green.

They are actually TransRisk scores and therefore useless. VantageScores are used by a few lenders (Chase uses the VS for some decisions but not exclusively) but the wideapread use of VS's has not happpened yet.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 15 of 46
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@PetRaccoon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
It was a freescore.com I'm not sure...

I believe they give out Vantage scores, which are FAKOs..

I think you can apply for a Zync, but I can't say for sure if you'd get a Green.

They are actually TransRisk scores and therefore useless. VantageScores are used by a few lenders (Chase uses the VS for some decisions but not exclusively) but the wideapread use of VS's has not happpened yet.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

*barf*

Edit: My TransRisk wasn't too far from my TU98 FICO though..

Edit2: Then again my reports are clean of negs, For someone with negs I bet they'll vary much differently.. (As well as loans ect)

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 16 of 46
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:

They may pull multiple reports for revolvers tho if your scores are iffy. I don't think they do that for charge cards.

Amex pulled my EQ and EX reports when I apped for the Blue card and the Platinum card. My FICO scores weren't iffy, both scores were around 750. Sometimes there is no rhym or reason with what Amex does.Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 46
quest208
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:

so its "easier" to get a charge card than it is for a revolver?  i think i read that in another thread.....obviously im trying to soak in as much info about amex before may 2012...sometimes the info just slips out of my head i cant retain it all.

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 18 of 46
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I get the same feeling from what I've read. It does seem charge is a bit easier to get than revolver.
Message 19 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the green card on thier website and it told me I need to call them for a instent decision or if I don't call then they will call me within 2-3 bissiness days...

Should I call them? or wait for them to call me? Am I most lickly to be approve or diclind?
And this happen to alot of people?
Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.