Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approve for a Amex card

tag
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

Re: Will I get approve for a Amex card

I suggest you call them, its fairly common if they wish to verifiy some kind of information.

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 21 of 46
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the green card on thier website and it told me I need to call them for a instent decision or if I don't call then they will call me within 2-3 bissiness days...

Should I call them? or wait for them to call me? Am I most lickly to be approve or diclind?
And this happen to alot of people?

I would call them -- at this point you got the HP, so go ahead and make the best of it.

Frankly, before applying for an Amex I would have invested and got my Fico scores. (Wait, why the conditional? I actually did! And decided to postpone the application because a payment had not posted yet, and it was a good idea because I eventually got my BCP instantly).

As for revolving VS charge, there is enough anecdotal evidence even just in this forum to prove and deny almost any claim. However, the general rule seems to be that charge cards are easier to get than revolving, and that there is not a whole lot of difference among the individual cards. The exception, of course, being the Zync, which Amex sells as their "entry-level" card, I believe.

Hope this helps! Good luck!!

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 22 of 46
Shiu
Valued Member

You should probably call. I think Amex just wants to verify information before approving.

Message 23 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible they might ask for some paper work? To varify income iv read that on another forum.

And what is a HP?
Message 24 of 46
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is it possible they might ask for some paper work? To varify income iv read that on another forum.

And what is a HP?

They might ask to verifiy your income with a tax return or usually they want to verifiy your address.

A HP is a Hard Pull, basically an Inquiry.

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 25 of 46
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I would call. I agree they probably want to verify something. It wasn't an instant denial, so that's a good thing... Just my .02
Message 26 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I really appreciate this information you guys know what are talking about...

I'm going to give them a call Monday and see what they say and I will update to let you guys know

Merry Christmas to all
Message 27 of 46
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

The suspense will kill us!

Good Luck!
Message 28 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's my approval, should give you some confidence! :

Message 29 of 46
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Nice work shaddix, didn't take no for an answer! I too was kept at bay for a few decisions, they caved.
Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.