Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approved- Amex charge card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I get approved- Amex charge card

Currently I have the following cards that I had for a year plus. 

Best Buy $2800

Discover $1250

In august I was denied for all of Amex's card but was offered $500 limit on a amex blue cash card, I dedcied to take it. 

Up to then my credit score was around 720 with 1 1/2 years credit history. 

The reason for being denied for thos Amex cards for bussinness was becuase of the length of credit history.

So around early september I was added to two accounts that were started in 1999, and 2000. 

These cards were:

American express 14k limit

chase slate 4k limit.

My Credit score today is 768, however my amex blue cash card has yet to show up. 

The last time I applied to a Credit Card was in August for the (amex cards). 

I want to know when I should apply again. I really need the charge card and dont want to get denied. 

Currently credit age says 9.8 years, but that should change to around 7 once they add my amex blue cash card. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will I get approved- Amex charge card

Did you check to see if you had any preapprovals? 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

^this. Dv

Message 3 of 5
CantSmashThis
Established Member

I would check Amex for preapproval 1st.

Also, did you attempt to 3x CLI your Amex yet? If not, you should try and have it to 1.5k.

For me, I used my Amex card quite a bit (especially for dining) since it had 10% cash back whenever I spent it on dining for 1st 6 months (up to $200). I started with 1k (BCE) and 3x to $3k. And when I was spending a lot on it, they pre-approved me for PRG (maybe about 6 or so months of having the BCE) and I've checked their site and they preapproved me for all of their charge cards and some of the other airline cards. I went for the Platinum a few days ago and got it. I'd say use your card a lot (but PIF almost right after it hits your account) for about 6 months and you should be good to go. I've barely have a credit history of 1 year 2 months and I got approved.

Message 4 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

As a general rule of thumb, if you qualify for approval on any of the revolving credit cards from American Express, you should be eligible for any of the charge cards.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.