cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approved for Chase Sapphire Preferred?

tag
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will I get approved for Chase Sapphire Preferred?

@Luscher wrote:

What salary range would you prefer me to get close too before applying? 50k?

You can get the CSP with about $25,000-$30,000+ 

Now that you posted your income I would say either apply for the Freedom but don't waste the inq on the CSP. I will say that you should request a CLI from Discover. This may help you down the line if they increase your limit closer to $3,000+. 

Message 31 of 162
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@SSA_2013

I'm bowing out of this one...you guys have it handled.

+1 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 32 of 162
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Yes, I am going to call them again tomorrow. They really are a pain about CLI's

CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 33 of 162
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

@Luscher wrote:

I understand you now, So do you think I have a good shot if I do that? Do they approve that request on a regular basis of moving your CL to a new card that you want to be approved for?

Again, You will almost 99% get approved for the Freedom. The only issue is the CL. I personally don't believe it will be 5K but if you do plan on obtaining a CSP at some point you will have to build a relationship with Chase or get that Discover card increased quite a bit. I think it would be easier building a relationship with Chase via the Freedom vs. a CLI from Discover for such an amount.

Message 34 of 162
Luscher
Valued Contributor

I agree, I will just start by trying a CLI from Discover and see were that takes me

CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

Message 35 of 162
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

@Luscher wrote:

I agree, I will just start by trying a CLI from Discover and see were that takes me

Have you tried doing so online? You can input a requsted amount and they will see if they can approve it via a soft pull. If they request a hard pull they will allow you to withdraw the request (if you don't want a hard pull).

Message 36 of 162
Luscher
Valued Contributor

The button is no longer there, it says to call the number on the site. Also they used to have a automated phone CLI and got rid of that too. So now I have to talk to the somebody and give them an excuse to increase lol

Message 37 of 162
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Luscher wrote:

Hey Luscher!

I have read your thread and I too believe that you are almost certainly going to be denied approval for the CSP.  However, my reasoning is different then those that have posted.   Regardless of your inexperience with a 5K limit, I think you would be approved right now with your current profile if your income justified the credit limit and spend that Chase is seeking from individuals that want/have this card.  

I think it would do your profile good to app the Freedom - this will give you access to building a relationship with Chase and also give you a VISA to utilize when Discover is not accepted.  When your income hits the 25K or higher bracket... app the CSP and almost certainly, you will be approved if you have managed your Freedom well and your profile is the same as now or better.

JMHA!  Smiley Happy  good luck 

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 38 of 162
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

Strange. I always found the link under "Help Center" where it says "Request a CLI," "Request a CL Decrease." I also called a while back and the phone option should be under "other options" and it will list CLI request as option 5 after the first set of menu options. I truly think Discover is nutty sometimes Smiley Very Happy

Message 39 of 162
Luscher
Valued Contributor

After reading the other comments I completely agree with you and thank you for your response.

Message 40 of 162
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.