cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approved for a Nordstrom's Credit Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I get approved for a Nordstrom's Credit Card?

I have a Equifax score of 597 Smiley Sad Will I get approved for a Nordstrom's Credit Card?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Will I get approved for a Nordstrom's Credit Card?

If you have less than 2 inq's on EQ you could try. They do not like too many inq's and too many new accounts.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 inquiries..? (i'm a newbie hehe)

so far, I only applied for a target card in decemeber 08 and a boa visa in april 08..is that okay?

Message 3 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

imho, it's probably not a good idea to apply under 600.  each cc application places at least one inquiry on your cbr.  if those are the only 2 apps you've done in the past two years, you have 2 inquries showing on your cbr.

do what you can to get scores up to 650ish b4 apping for a better result.

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a Equifax score of 597 :smileysad: Will I get approved for a Nordstrom's Credit Card?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 7
oracles
Valued Contributor

Hi Sephora

The two cards that you did apply for, were you approve?

Did you apply for the secured BofA credit card? Did this card in your position will be a very good to have.

It will unsecure in 9-12 months and it will grow with you in terms of higher credit limits. You also will be playing with the big boys.

IMHO, with a score of 597, I don't think you will be successful in obtaining  a Nordstrom.

Give us some more details as to what you have on your report and what credit cards you have.

You may want to start to clean your report first before you began to apply for some cards.

Message Edited by oracles on 02-16-2009 12:58 AM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank u oracles Smiley Very Happy

ur right...i'd better just start off w/ the boa secure card first and clean up my act before i start applying for these cards

Message 6 of 7
oracles
Valued Contributor

No problem

Very good choice sephora and if you need some help with cleaning your report, definitely ask in the rebuilding forum.

Everyone is here to help.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.