cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approved for an AMEX Premier Gold Rewards card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I get approved for an AMEX Premier Gold Rewards card?

I know AMEX looks at Experian mostly. Do I put down my wife and I's combined gross salary (household income), or just my own? Is it best to apply straight from the AMEX site? My wife and I make around 120k gross and I am going to be the one applying. Last time I checked my Experian score, it was around 700. I had over 50% of my balance taken up on my credit cards the time I last ran the report though. Those cards are now paid off so I have no credit card debt. Any insight/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Will I get approved for an AMEX Premier Gold Rewards card?

I think you are good.  But without more details, it is just a random guess based on your 700 Fico you stated which may not even be a FICO score.  However, you can not put both your wife's and your combined salary unless you apply jointly.

I would be looking for the best deal out there online and app via that link.  At the very least, there are offers for no AF for first year and some kind of bonus MR points.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought you can't apply for an American Express jointly? I know you can have 2 cards, but they both use the same single account.

Message 3 of 9
Crashem
Valued Contributor

No easy way to apply jointly.  As such, only include the income of the person applying.  You don't want to get F/R and unable to prove income as you used joint income.

Message 4 of 9
Dagansinferno
Valued Member

I honestly wouldn't worry too much...unless you have baddies on there or something. My wife applied for the AMEX Costco with a bout a 710 score, and I'd say 60% util and got approved for $2k..plus, they've been sending her numerous offers for the Gold card as well. With that income, I'd say you're fine. You can always try apping for the Green Card, or even Zync, and get the Gold later. But, 99% sure you're okay. I'd just app and collect the free bonus points : )

Message 5 of 9
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Experian does not sell credit scores to consumers anymore. Also if the card is in your name only then you can only put your gross income.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I click on the area to add an additional card, it asks for the other persons' social. Is there a way to apply jointly? My income alone is not what I initially stated. That is our gross income.

Message 7 of 9
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know AMEX looks at Experian mostly. Do I put down my wife and I's combined gross salary (household income), or just my own? Is it best to apply straight from the AMEX site? My wife and I make around 120k gross and I am going to be the one applying. Last time I checked my Experian score, it was around 700. I had over 50% of my balance taken up on my credit cards the time I last ran the report though. Those cards are now paid off so I have no credit card debt. Any insight/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Just yours unless you live in a community property state.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 8 of 9
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Not easily or not at all.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Just app with your income unless it is really low.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.