Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I qualify for CC's??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I qualify for CC's??

Hey everyone, first time posting on this forum. I have a question about approval. I currently have a Care Credit card that I got last year, $4.5k limit. I applied for a Barclays Rewards CC and a Discover IT card and got denied. A little history: My EX score is 692 currently, but I have a lot of inquiries from car loans in the past year. I've had 3 car loans, 2 were paid off totally with no negative's within 2-6 months and are closed. I currently have one open with one 30-day late in Feb of about $14k. My Care CC has about $2.3k left to be paid (about 51% of the limit). My education loan has no lates or anything. My oldest account is 3.5 years and my AAoA is 1.5 years. For inquiries: 6 accounts with 13 hard inquiries.... No bankruptcy's or anything else bad like that.

I just need some advice on how to proceed to get a decent credit card. What CC's can I apply for now that are good and will give me a good chance to get them?

Thanks all.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: Will I qualify for CC's??

Welcome to the board. 

Go to Chase's website and see if you prequalify there. Also check Capital One and your local Credit Union.

Message 2 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

13 inq across all 3 CR? 1 revolving acct reporting 50% isn't ideal (try to get it down to 20-30%) Did you try to recon Barclays? Was it the rewards for average credit card? Creditcards.com has a pre qualifier along with each lender (Amex, BoA, Chase, Citi, etc...) Just try googling them and see if anything comes back.
Message 3 of 15
tvandine
Contributor

Get the capital one journey card, 1.25 percent cash back, easy approval, probably a 1-2k limit

You don't even want to know how many cards i've got....

Credit Started May 31st, 2014 EQ:710|EX:712|TU:732 FICO:726
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I should apply for the Discover IT student card or the Capital One Journey card? I didn't apply for the Discovery student card last time, just the regular one..

Btw, thanks for the fast replies everyone!

Message 5 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you think I should apply for the Discover IT student card or the Capital One Journey card? I didn't apply for the Discovery student card last time, just the regular one..

Check the Discover pre-qualifier.  They can be iffy if you have any negatives, but they tend to like folks with few other credit cards.

Message 6 of 15
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Check the Discover pre-qualifier.  They can be iffy if you have any negatives, but they tend to like folks with few other credit cards.

They will spit out yes... Just go to chase capital one , Bank of America where it will basically say yes or no depending on factors. You can still be approved though even if it spits out nothing 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 7 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They will spit out yes... Just go to chase capital one , Bank of America where it will basically say yes or no depending on factors. You can still be approved though even if it spits out nothing 

Discover never spit out yes for me, just "recommended."  But I agree, try all of the pre-qualifiers after deciding which cards would actually be useful.  I would only apply for a Cap1 card as a last resort as they will pull from all 3 CR as opposed to others.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for a Discover IT Chrome for Students.. It recommended it for me so we shall see.. Thanks again for all your help guys, I really appreciate it.. I'll post an update of how it turns out.

Message 9 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied for a Discover IT Chrome for Students.. It recommended it for me so we shall see.. Thanks again for all your help guys, I really appreciate it.. I'll post an update of how it turns out.

Goodluck!  You can always call and ask if there's any information you can provide to move the decision along.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.