Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Let Me Know By email or mail??

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Will Let Me Know By email or mail??

Contacted Citi to see if there was a pre authorized CLI on one of my accounts and was told that they didn't see one, nor could they tell me if it would be a SP or A Hard pull, however, when my account becomes eligible they would let me know via mail???Has anyone else been told this? This is why I love Discover and think they are the best when it comes to increases. Every 90 days, and they inform you online if a hard needs to be done, not to mention a fico score every month. Citi needs to change there practices, we should all complain LOL

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will Let Me Know By email or mail??

@plasticguy wrote:

Contacted Citi to see if there was a pre authorized CLI on one of my accounts and was told that they didn't see one, nor could they tell me if it would be a SP or A Hard pull, however, when my account becomes eligible they would let me know via mail???Has anyone else been told this? This is why I love Discover and think they are the best when it comes to increases. Every 90 days, and they inform you online if a hard needs to be done, not to mention a fico score every month. Citi needs to change there practices, we should all complain LOL

If you want the CLI, then just submit it.  If your account is elegible, then some of the experienced CSRs will know or see it.  In your case, it sounds like your account didn't have that offer.  Bottom line, what's the complaining going to accomplish?  An item to keep in mind, they do not have to guarantee you a "SP" CLI.  If you want to request the CLI, then go for it.  If it results in HP well so be it - permissible purpose for additional extensions of credit.

And, Citi is not Discover - every lender has their own u/w and review practices.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.