cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Lowe's late fee affect future CLIs?

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Will Lowe's late fee affect future CLIs?

My Lowe's due date was yesterday (23rd). I logged in yesterday and made a payment for $500. This morning I checked to see if it had posted yet and saw a $25 late fee, even though yesterday the available credit was already reflecting the $500 payment. I went to the live chat and the agent told me that "Our record indicates that you made a $500 payment on-time on 10/23/2013. The late fee will automatically fall off once the payment posts. Payments made on our website take 48-72 hours to post on your account. You do, however, receive credit for the day you made the payment. Rest assured that the payment wasn't late."

I'm really hoping that this doesn't affect me for future CLIs as I've been working hard to pay off the $3300 balance within the 6 months interest-free period, and was hoping for a CLI for a new deck once I've done that. Any experiences of this?

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Will Lowe's late fee affect future CLIs?

You have nothing to worry about. I paid PayPal on due date same thing also a GE card a few months later I got an auto CLI.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Doesn't sound like it will.  I don't have the Lowe's card but I've had similar situations where a late fee was temporarily tacked on until the payment fully processed.

Message 3 of 7
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@CreditJim wrote:

My Lowe's due date was yesterday (23rd). I logged in yesterday and made a payment for $500. This morning I checked to see if it had posted yet and saw a $25 late fee, even though yesterday the available credit was already reflecting the $500 payment. I went to the live chat and the agent told me that "Our record indicates that you made a $500 payment on-time on 10/23/2013. The late fee will automatically fall off once the payment posts. Payments made on our website take 48-72 hours to post on your account. You do, however, receive credit for the day you made the payment. Rest assured that the payment wasn't late."

I'm really hoping that this doesn't affect me for future CLIs as I've been working hard to pay off the $3300 balance within the 6 months interest-free period, and was hoping for a CLI for a new deck once I've done that. Any experiences of this?

This happened on my walmart card exactly like this. The fee went away and I got an increase the next statement.

Now I actually missed my lowes payment by 2 days and never got a fee or even a "temp" fee. And the same day I paid it 2 days late I got an increase of $1500. I was shocked! That was the first payment made late since my BK, and I thought that I was gonna have a heart attack. I got lucky, but I think you will be fine. I even had a promo balance that was suppose to go away if payment was late and it didn't. So I am still interest fee. Whew!

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 4 of 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Simple fact your not late the computer automatically posted the late fee because payment hasn't posted. As soon as they post the payment and date the computer will reverse the late and late fee. That's the computer age no person involved that made the late decision.  When you called a person explained the facts.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 7
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Thanks for the reassurances everyone. After spending the past 2 years rebuilding my credit I almost had a heart attack when I saw the 'late'!

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

GE and their delayed posting...I asked about this on my JCP card last year. I paid a day before the due date but the receipt had that 72 hour wording. I was assured there would be no fee. True, I didn't receive a fee and have received CLI's but it did teach me to pay all GE cards at least 5 days before the due date. I really didn't want to have to recheck proper crediting/reversing of potential late fees.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.