Frequent Contributor

Will Lowe's late fee affect future CLIs?

My Lowe's due date was yesterday (23rd). I logged in yesterday and made a payment for $500. This morning I checked to see if it had posted yet and saw a $25 late fee, even though yesterday the available credit was already reflecting the $500 payment. I went to the live chat and the agent told me that "Our record indicates that you made a $500 payment on-time on 10/23/2013. The late fee will automatically fall off once the payment posts. Payments made on our website take 48-72 hours to post on your account. You do, however, receive credit for the day you made the payment. Rest assured that the payment wasn't late."

I'm really hoping that this doesn't affect me for future CLIs as I've been working hard to pay off the $3300 balance within the 6 months interest-free period, and was hoping for a CLI for a new deck once I've done that. Any experiences of this?

Executive AA WEMC $15k | Quicksilver WMC 15k | SWACU Visa $15k | Arrival+ WEMC $12.2k | Amex PRG | Amex SPG $10.5k | Amex SPG Biz $15k | Spark Visa $8k | Freedom $11.5k | Discover it $7k | Aviator Red WMC $5k | VentureOne WMC $6k | Lowe's $25k | J Crew $11600 | Amazon Store $4000 | Walmart Store $3300
Mega Contributor

Re: Will Lowe's late fee affect future CLIs?

You have nothing to worry about. I paid PayPal on due date same thing also a GE card a few months later I got an auto CLI.

Valued Contributor

Doesn't sound like it will.  I don't have the Lowe's card but I've had similar situations where a late fee was temporarily tacked on until the payment fully processed.

Frequent Contributor

CreditJim wrote:

My Lowe's due date was yesterday (23rd). I logged in yesterday and made a payment for $500. This morning I checked to see if it had posted yet and saw a $25 late fee, even though yesterday the available credit was already reflecting the $500 payment. I went to the live chat and the agent told me that "Our record indicates that you made a $500 payment on-time on 10/23/2013. The late fee will automatically fall off once the payment posts. Payments made on our website take 48-72 hours to post on your account. You do, however, receive credit for the day you made the payment. Rest assured that the payment wasn't late."

I'm really hoping that this doesn't affect me for future CLIs as I've been working hard to pay off the $3300 balance within the 6 months interest-free period, and was hoping for a CLI for a new deck once I've done that. Any experiences of this?

This happened on my walmart card exactly like this. The fee went away and I got an increase the next statement.

Now I actually missed my lowes payment by 2 days and never got a fee or even a "temp" fee. And the same day I paid it 2 days late I got an increase of $1500. I was shocked! That was the first payment made late since my BK, and I thought that I was gonna have a heart attack. I got lucky, but I think you will be fine. I even had a promo balance that was suppose to go away if payment was late and it didn't. So I am still interest fee. Whew!

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Mega Contributor

Simple fact your not late the computer automatically posted the late fee because payment hasn't posted. As soon as they post the payment and date the computer will reverse the late and late fee. That's the computer age no person involved that made the late decision.  When you called a person explained the facts.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reassurances everyone. After spending the past 2 years rebuilding my credit I almost had a heart attack when I saw the 'late'!

Executive AA WEMC $15k | Quicksilver WMC 15k | SWACU Visa $15k | Arrival+ WEMC $12.2k | Amex PRG | Amex SPG $10.5k | Amex SPG Biz $15k | Spark Visa $8k | Freedom $11.5k | Discover it $7k | Aviator Red WMC $5k | VentureOne WMC $6k | Lowe's $25k | J Crew $11600 | Amazon Store $4000 | Walmart Store $3300

GE and their delayed posting...I asked about this on my JCP card last year. I paid a day before the due date but the receipt had that 72 hour wording. I was assured there would be no fee. True, I didn't receive a fee and have received CLI's but it did teach me to pay all GE cards at least 5 days before the due date. I really didn't want to have to recheck proper crediting/reversing of potential late fees.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.