Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Macy's remove a 2-day late?

tag
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Will Macy's remove a 2-day late?

Long story short -- I remembered to make my Macy's payment two days after due date -- first time late (I usually pay 2 weeks early).  I was immediately assessed a $29.00 late fee and $2.00 interest fee.  This is really upsetting for me as I've worked diligently at repairing my credit; and even though this will not be posted to my CR, I'm wondering if they will remove the late/late fee for a "one time forgiveness"?

Any experience with this?  Any particular thing I should say?  Specific number to call?

Much thanks for the advice in advance!

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: Will Macy's remove a 2-day late?

Usuaully if its a first tie offense they will.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 2 of 5
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Thanks -- I'm hoping they don't CLD on me.  Looks as though some have experienced that after a late.  Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShootingStar wrote:

Long story short -- I remembered to make my Macy's payment two days after due date -- first time late (I usually pay 2 weeks early).  I was immediately assessed a $29.00 late fee and $2.00 interest fee.  This is really upsetting for me as I've worked diligently at repairing my credit; and even though this will not be posted to my CR, I'm wondering if they will remove the late/late fee for a "one time forgiveness"?

Any experience with this?  Any particular thing I should say?  Specific number to call?

Much thanks for the advice in advance!

I have experienced this before so I am providing what happened to me. if others have had a different experience please let SS know. I have paid Macys "late" twice in two years.  The first time I was a day late because i confused my due date. The second time I did pay ontime, however there was a computer issue at the store, so my payment reflected as being a day late even though I paid on the due date.

Anywho, in both situations my CL was automatically REDUCED.  In both situations I was able to get it restored back to the original limit, however the actual "late" is not removed. Also, it appears the CL restoral also counted as one of GLIs. In the later situation after two days worth of calls the issue at the store was confirmed and CL restored, however I was advised my account would be notated internally since there was no way to remove the late.

So based on my experience, i would suggest you contact them to check on your CL. It doesnt always happen immediately, but it will happen. That has been confirmed by every csr I have spoken. A late payment will automatically trigger a CLD.

Message 4 of 5
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info -- I actually spoke with one of their CSRs this evening -- after speaking with a manager they stated they would remove the actual "late" and remove the $29.00 late fee -- should reflect as such within two days.  I'll be checking repeatedly to see if this is the case -- and after reading your post, I'll also be checking often for any CLD.  I'm hoping this wouldn't happen as they've assured me they'll be removing the actual late.  We'll see....

Much thanks for the heads up!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.