Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will PenFed CLI request be a HP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will PenFed CLI request be a HP?

Hey everyone! Hope you're havin' a good weekend!!

I think I should know this but....

I have had my PenFed Promise for about 9 months and I'm considering asking for a CLI. Is it an automatic HP?

Thanks for helpin' an old guy out lol!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Will PenFed CLI request be a HP?

Short answer..Yes.
Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

YesSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

But the thing is sometimes, a hp can be worth it. Penfed seems to be one of those worth it for cli. Good luck if you decide to go for WadeSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

I am waiting on the results of their most recent AR which should have been completed somewhere around the end of May to request an increase on my platinum rewards siggy. I think I ve read somewhere in the main penfed thread that they will offer a sp cli if your reports have drastically improved since the last AR  maybe someone can chime in on that or correct me if im wrong? Smiley Wink

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GMood, thanks for the info...I was afraid of that lol!

AJC, I appreciate the info. I think if that's the case, I'll wait it out until I've had the card for a year. They were nice enough to give me a second card in January ( Platinum $5500 SL) so I think I'll wait.

@bruised, thanks and my fingers are crossed for your CLI.after the AR!  You've done such a great job with your build...congrats on the awesome scores!

Sure appreciate all of you taking time out of the weekend to answer!

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks WadeDalton!....It's been a journey indeed. Still working on getting a couple of baddies removed and then I can finally exhale 😉. And congrats to you on your recent success.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bruised, thanks man.

It's such an amazing journey. When I think about the credit I established, homes I bought, etc prior to my Chapter 7, it blows me away that I actually knew so little about the credit game, for so many years (many, many, many years lol)!!

Thanks to members of this community like you and AJC who post such meticulous detail about your experiences, I learn things every single day. The quality of info here on the forum and the way it's presented, is second to none. You guys rock!

Can't wait to hear about your CLI at PenFed and I'm sure you're about due for some new pre-approvals after the AR as well!

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.