Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will TD Bank ever like me?

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Re: Will TD Bank ever like me?

You're right, I never thought about it that way.. or thought that people get rejected daily who may have better history than me.

Message 21 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

notfancy wrote:

Why is this specific card so important to you? What can they give you that another card can't? I think at this point it's just the rejection that makes you want it more. Financially, it just makes sense to move on, no matter now you feel emotionally. You don't need validation of any kind from this bank. You already  got it from prime lenders that decline a lot of others, including myself. You say you're thankful for that, and I believe you, but I also think that you're getting doe eyed over a card that has no real value beyond the ones you already have.

Not to stir the pot too much: this card unfortunately has some great features.   But she can get it later once she has used her new cards for quite a while.

Message 22 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

Why is this specific card so important to you? What can they give you that another card can't? I think at this point it's just the rejection that makes you want it more. Financially, it just makes sense to move on, no matter now you feel emotionally. You don't need validation of any kind from this bank. You already  got it from prime lenders that decline a lot of others, including myself. You say you're thankful for that, and I believe you, but I also think that you're getting doe eyed over a card that has no real value beyond the ones you already have.

Not to stir the pot too much: this card unfortunately has some great features.   But she can get it later once she has used her new cards for quite a while.

And by a while, I'm sure you mean a LONG while.  TD Bank is just one of those conservative institutions that prefers very established credit and/or clean files OP.  Instead of thinking of what it could have been, think of the present and just move forward.  TD Bank at the moment "just isn't that into you" - and that's OK!  I think myjourney summed it all up above pretty well.  In all reality, you're not the only indivdual that TD Bank has not approved.  In time, if you refrain from applying or aquiring new cards and let your accounts age and improve your score, I'm sure this card will not be far from reach.  If you do the opposite, then you'll just distance yourself from it.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.