Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will TD Bank ever like me?

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Will TD Bank ever like me?

So if I ever want another card again one day, do you think if my accounts aged that TD Bank would be worth applying to, again? I'm obviously gardening for a long time as I don't need anymore cards at the moment. Or will they just be always one company that will never like me regardless of what I do? My boyfriend told me just to forget about BOA and TD Bank all together. 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Will TD Bank ever like me?

I would be content with the cards you have recently attained and not worry over matters that are out of your hands.

Message 2 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

So if I ever want another card again one day, do you think if my accounts aged that TD Bank would be worth applying to, again? I'm obviously gardening for a long time as I don't need anymore cards at the moment. Or will they just be always one company that will never like me regardless of what I do? My boyfriend told me just to forget about BOA and TD Bank all together. 

Wasn't part of their rejection reason Too Many Inqs?   If so, try again once you have fewer.

Message 3 of 23
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Wasn't part of their rejection reason Too Many Inqs?   If so, try again once you have fewer.

Nope, always limited history. I haven't gotten the letter yet. 

Message 4 of 23
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Banks don't like people, LOL! You'll eventually meet their lending criteria and be approved. There's no point to personalizing things or repeatedly taking HPs until getting a low limit approval.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 23
minion27
Established Member

Wait until you fix what they denied you for in the first place if you're thinking about trying again! Otherwise move on!

BofA Cash Rewards $10000 || DCU $7500 || Chase Slate $5000 || Discover It $2400 || Chase Freedom $1500 || AMEX Blue $800 || AMEX Green NPSL || VS $500 || Capital One Platinum $300 || Target Red Card $300

Starting Score: 529 || Current Scores: EQ: 677 EX: 671 TU: 668 || Goal Score: 700
Message 6 of 23
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Banks don't like people, LOL! You'll eventually meet their lending criteria and be approved. There's no point to personalizing things or repeatedly taking HPs until getting a low limit approval.

I get confused because I got the Freedom card, IT card and Blue card without trouble and to me those are given by prime lenders. How is it harder to get a TD Bank card but easier to get an AE, Discover or Chase card?

Message 7 of 23
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@minion27 wrote:
Wait until you fix what they denied you for in the first place if you're thinking about trying again! Otherwise move on!

I don't want to apply for anything atm. If it's limited history then it makes you wonder how prime lenders gave me cards. 

Message 8 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@minion27 wrote:

I don't want to apply for anything atm. If it's limited history then it makes you wonder how prime lenders gave me cards. 

Because different lenders have different criteria, and make different decisions.   TD is also "prime" whatever that means.   I'm sure their rewards card has a fairly high threshold.   But with your new cards, after a period of time you will have a lot of history, so you may well be able to get the TD card if you still want it.

Message 9 of 23
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I'm also really young with many inquiries and accounts open.. it kind of sounds turnoffish. If they think I am a risk, let them think that. I know I am not based on my payment history and spending history. My spending or payment history won't change no matter how many cards I have. I'm just waiting for my secured card to be a regular card without a fee.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.