Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 826
Registered: ‎10-07-2013
0

Re: Will TD Bank ever like me?


killer_queen229 wrote:

drkaje wrote:

Banks don't like people, LOL! You'll eventually meet their lending criteria and be approved. There's no point to personalizing things or repeatedly taking HPs until getting a low limit approval.


I get confused because I got the Freedom card, IT card and Blue card without trouble and to me those are given by prime lenders. How is it harder to get a TD Bank card but easier to get an AE, Discover or Chase card?


I'm not sure why/how, but TD does appear to be very conservative.

 

I purporsely opened a checking account with $110 to become a checking account customer, avoid any fees, and ended up with a TD First Class Visa card. I have derogatories on my record, but TD appears conservative because Chase (who I already do a lot of business with) issued a CSP for $24k at the same time, and Centurion Bank (Amex) approved me for a $14.9k Blue Sky account.

 

If you haven't opened a checking account, I'd do that, since $100 is easy to park somewhere. I have a feeling that's why they solicited me in the first place, to try to get me as a "customer". Personally, I still need to evaluate the First Class during this next year to see if it's worth the $89 annual fee. Signs dont' point to yes, yet.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,694
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Will TD Bank ever like me?


longtimelurker wrote:

killer_queen229 wrote:

So if I ever want another card again one day, do you think if my accounts aged that TD Bank would be worth applying to, again? I'm obviously gardening for a long time as I don't need anymore cards at the moment. Or will they just be always one company that will never like me regardless of what I do? My boyfriend told me just to forget about BOA and TD Bank all together. 


Wasn't part of their rejection reason Too Many Inqs?   If so, try again once you have fewer.


1/1 applied 

1/2 http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/So-I-m-crazy/m-p/2693271#M769558

1/9 will TD ever like me .........haven't gotten letter yet 

 

Do you like pain or giving away HP's?  Leave them alone move on like your BF said Lol

Tough love time and my final attempt to help 

We offer advice but you don't listen...

You say you don't want any more $500 we say don't app and Boom app submitted:smileysurprised:

$500 Amex even tho i'm so happy you were approved I have to wonder did that result in 2 HP?

Borderline when Amex gives 500 limits which is real rare

 

My hope here is this 

1) no more apps 

2) take very good care of the cards you have.....Amex will watch each and every move any wrong moves and AA and others will follow

3) Garden for 12 months not 6-app 5-app 4-app 3-app 2-app but 1 year no apps whatsoever

Why did I even bother instead of just past this thread up ...Because I want to see you succeed 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Established Contributor
Posts: 722
Registered: ‎08-29-2013
0

Re: Will TD Bank ever like me?

Been a customer since 2008 and a very fine bank to bank with!

I've had a savings account since April 2008 and a checking account since May 2010. Have never had issues.


Established Contributor
Posts: 722
Registered: ‎08-29-2013
0

Re: Will TD Bank ever like me?


myjourney wrote:

longtimelurker wrote:

killer_queen229 wrote:

So if I ever want another card again one day, do you think if my accounts aged that TD Bank would be worth applying to, again? I'm obviously gardening for a long time as I don't need anymore cards at the moment. Or will they just be always one company that will never like me regardless of what I do? My boyfriend told me just to forget about BOA and TD Bank all together. 


Wasn't part of their rejection reason Too Many Inqs?   If so, try again once you have fewer.


1/1 applied 

1/2 http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/So-I-m-crazy/m-p/2693271#M769558

1/9 will TD ever like me .........haven't gotten letter yet 

 

Do you like pain or giving away HP's?  Leave them alone move on like your BF said Lol

Tough love time and my final attempt to help 

We offer advice but you don't listen...

You say you don't want any more $500 we say don't app and Boom app submitted:smileysurprised:

$500 Amex even tho i'm so happy you were approved I have to wonder did that result in 2 HP?

Borderline when Amex gives 500 limits which is real rare

 

My hope here is this 

1) no more apps 

2) take very good care of the cards you have.....Amex will watch each and every move any wrong moves and AA and others will follow

3) Garden for 12 months not 6-app 5-app 4-app 3-app 2-app but 1 year no apps whatsoever

Why did I even bother instead of just past this thread up ...Because I want to see you succeed 



myjourney wrote:

longtimelurker wrote:

killer_queen229 wrote:

So if I ever want another card again one day, do you think if my accounts aged that TD Bank would be worth applying to, again? I'm obviously gardening for a long time as I don't need anymore cards at the moment. Or will they just be always one company that will never like me regardless of what I do? My boyfriend told me just to forget about BOA and TD Bank all together. 


Wasn't part of their rejection reason Too Many Inqs?   If so, try again once you have fewer.


1/1 applied 

1/2 http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/So-I-m-crazy/m-p/2693271#M769558

1/9 will TD ever like me .........haven't gotten letter yet 

 

Do you like pain or giving away HP's?  Leave them alone move on like your BF said Lol

Tough love time and my final attempt to help 

We offer advice but you don't listen...

You say you don't want any more $500 we say don't app and Boom app submitted:smileysurprised:

$500 Amex even tho i'm so happy you were approved I have to wonder did that result in 2 HP?

Borderline when Amex gives 500 limits which is real rare

 

My hope here is this 

1) no more apps 

2) take very good care of the cards you have.....Amex will watch each and every move any wrong moves and AA and others will follow

3) Garden for 12 months not 6-app 5-app 4-app 3-app 2-app but 1 year no apps whatsoever

Why did I even bother instead of just past this thread up ...Because I want to see you succeed 


Bf is a smart man, I must say and you guys are very smart too! I don't need anymore cards, I feel poopish cause of it LOL. I'm very thankful that American Express gave me a card a all, regardless of limit. Probably cause of my payment history and figured I was sort of worth it. Probably saw all the accounts I now have and didn't want to give me a higher limit in case I was kind of a risk. They also probably want to see how I do and will consider a credit increase eventually.


Established Contributor
Posts: 826
Registered: ‎10-07-2013
0

Re: Will TD Bank ever like me?

The comment in the other post I just saw... an Amex with a $500 limit.

 

Centurion Bank requires that all cards have $500 available credit limit, non-transferrable.

 

If Centurion Bank issued you a $500 line, they are giving you a chance to prove yourself, and they really wanted to deny you. (just got off the phone with "Responsible Lending" and the customer service departments..)

 

I'd leave TD alone. They will solicit you when THEY are ready. Anything else, and you're wasting HP inquiries.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Established Contributor
Posts: 722
Registered: ‎08-29-2013
0

Re: Will TD Bank ever like me?

The last thing I want to happen is people coming after me. I know what I have to do to be a good girl and that is, just take care of my accounts, keep my usual spending limit and pay my bills and no more apps for at least a year or more.


Established Contributor
Posts: 722
Registered: ‎08-29-2013
0

Re: Will TD Bank ever like me?


CreditUnionFan wrote:

The comment in the other post I just saw... an Amex with a $500 limit.

 

Centurion Bank requires that all cards have $500 available credit limit, non-transferrable.

 

If Centurion Bank issued you a $500 line, they are giving you a chance to prove yourself, and they really wanted to deny you. (just got off the phone with "Responsible Lending" and the customer service departments..)

 

I'd leave TD alone. They will solicit you when THEY are ready. Anything else, and you're wasting HP inquiries.


Not worth the inquiries that will just hurt me more. 


Established Contributor
Posts: 646
Registered: ‎10-21-2013
0

Re: Will TD Bank ever like me?


myjourney wrote:

longtimelurker wrote:

killer_queen229 wrote:

So if I ever want another card again one day, do you think if my accounts aged that TD Bank would be worth applying to, again? I'm obviously gardening for a long time as I don't need anymore cards at the moment. Or will they just be always one company that will never like me regardless of what I do? My boyfriend told me just to forget about BOA and TD Bank all together. 


Wasn't part of their rejection reason Too Many Inqs?   If so, try again once you have fewer.


1/1 applied 

1/2 http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/So-I-m-crazy/m-p/2693271#M769558

1/9 will TD ever like me .........haven't gotten letter yet 

 

Do you like pain or giving away HP's?  Leave them alone move on like your BF said Lol

Tough love time and my final attempt to help 

We offer advice but you don't listen...

You say you don't want any more $500 we say don't app and Boom app submitted:smileysurprised:

$500 Amex even tho i'm so happy you were approved I have to wonder did that result in 2 HP?

Borderline when Amex gives 500 limits which is real rare

 

My hope here is this 

1) no more apps 

2) take very good care of the cards you have.....Amex will watch each and every move any wrong moves and AA and others will follow

3) Garden for 12 months not 6-app 5-app 4-app 3-app 2-app but 1 year no apps whatsoever

Why did I even bother instead of just past this thread up ...Because I want to see you succeed 


IS there a love button on this forum... +1,000,000 exactly my thoughts.

Contributor
Posts: 94
Registered: ‎07-06-2013
0

Re: Will TD Bank ever like me?


longtime_lurker wrote:

myjourney wrote:

longtimelurker wrote:

killer_queen229 wrote:

So if I ever want another card again one day, do you think if my accounts aged that TD Bank would be worth applying to, again? I'm obviously gardening for a long time as I don't need anymore cards at the moment. Or will they just be always one company that will never like me regardless of what I do? My boyfriend told me just to forget about BOA and TD Bank all together. 


Wasn't part of their rejection reason Too Many Inqs?   If so, try again once you have fewer.


1/1 applied 

1/2 http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/So-I-m-crazy/m-p/2693271#M769558

1/9 will TD ever like me .........haven't gotten letter yet 

 

Do you like pain or giving away HP's?  Leave them alone move on like your BF said Lol

Tough love time and my final attempt to help 

We offer advice but you don't listen...

You say you don't want any more $500 we say don't app and Boom app submitted:smileysurprised:

$500 Amex even tho i'm so happy you were approved I have to wonder did that result in 2 HP?

Borderline when Amex gives 500 limits which is real rare

 

My hope here is this 

1) no more apps 

2) take very good care of the cards you have.....Amex will watch each and every move any wrong moves and AA and others will follow

3) Garden for 12 months not 6-app 5-app 4-app 3-app 2-app but 1 year no apps whatsoever

Why did I even bother instead of just past this thread up ...Because I want to see you succeed 


IS there a love button on this forum... +1,000,000 exactly my thoughts.


Seriously. Spending more time on this forum is only going to drive you nuts, OP. Live life, spend some money on your cards, pay them off. Rinse. Repeat.

 

If you still want this card in a year or two (if something better doesn't come along), give it a go.


Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,679
Registered: ‎11-23-2013
0

Re: Will TD Bank ever like me?

Why is this specific card so important to you? What can they give you that another card can't? I think at this point it's just the rejection that makes you want it more. Financially, it just makes sense to move on, no matter now you feel emotionally. You don't need validation of any kind from this bank. You already  got it from prime lenders that decline a lot of others, including myself. You say you're thankful for that, and I believe you, but I also think that you're getting doe eyed over a card that has no real value beyond the ones you already have.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.