Did you mean: 

Will TD Bank ever like me?

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: Will TD Bank ever like me?

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Banks don't like people, LOL! You'll eventually meet their lending criteria and be approved. There's no point to personalizing things or repeatedly taking HPs until getting a low limit approval.

I get confused because I got the Freedom card, IT card and Blue card without trouble and to me those are given by prime lenders. How is it harder to get a TD Bank card but easier to get an AE, Discover or Chase card?

I'm not sure why/how, but TD does appear to be very conservative.

I purporsely opened a checking account with $110 to become a checking account customer, avoid any fees, and ended up with a TD First Class Visa card. I have derogatories on my record, but TD appears conservative because Chase (who I already do a lot of business with) issued a CSP for $24k at the same time, and Centurion Bank (Amex) approved me for a $14.9k Blue Sky account.

If you haven't opened a checking account, I'd do that, since $100 is easy to park somewhere. I have a feeling that's why they solicited me in the first place, to try to get me as a "customer". Personally, I still need to evaluate the First Class during this next year to see if it's worth the $89 annual fee. Signs dont' point to yes, yet.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 11 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

So if I ever want another card again one day, do you think if my accounts aged that TD Bank would be worth applying to, again? I'm obviously gardening for a long time as I don't need anymore cards at the moment. Or will they just be always one company that will never like me regardless of what I do? My boyfriend told me just to forget about BOA and TD Bank all together. 

Wasn't part of their rejection reason Too Many Inqs?   If so, try again once you have fewer.

1/1 applied 

1/2 http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/So-I-m-crazy/m-p/2693271#M769558

1/9 will TD ever like me .........haven't gotten letter yet 

Do you like pain or giving away HP's?  Leave them alone move on like your BF said Lol

Tough love time and my final attempt to help 

We offer advice but you don't listen...

You say you don't want any more $500 we say don't app and Boom app submittedSmiley Surprised

$500 Amex even tho i'm so happy you were approved I have to wonder did that result in 2 HP?

Borderline when Amex gives 500 limits which is real rare

My hope here is this 

1) no more apps 

2) take very good care of the cards you have.....Amex will watch each and every move any wrong moves and AA and others will follow

3) Garden for 12 months not 6-app 5-app 4-app 3-app 2-app but 1 year no apps whatsoever

Why did I even bother instead of just past this thread up ...Because I want to see you succeed 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 23
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Been a customer since 2008 and a very fine bank to bank with!

I've had a savings account since April 2008 and a checking account since May 2010. Have never had issues.

Message 13 of 23
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

So if I ever want another card again one day, do you think if my accounts aged that TD Bank would be worth applying to, again? I'm obviously gardening for a long time as I don't need anymore cards at the moment. Or will they just be always one company that will never like me regardless of what I do? My boyfriend told me just to forget about BOA and TD Bank all together. 

Wasn't part of their rejection reason Too Many Inqs?   If so, try again once you have fewer.

1/1 applied 

1/2 http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/So-I-m-crazy/m-p/2693271#M769558

Do you like pain or giving away HP's?  Leave them alone move on like your BF said Lol

You say you don't want any more $500 we say don't app and Boom app submittedSmiley Surprised

$500 Amex even tho i'm so happy you were approved I have to wonder did that result in 2 HP?

My hope here is this 

1) no more apps 

2) take very good care of the cards you have.....Amex will watch each and every move any wrong moves and AA and others will follow

3) Garden for 12 months not 6-app 5-app 4-app 3-app 2-app but 1 year no apps whatsoever

Why did I even bother instead of just past this thread up ...Because I want to see you succeed 

@myjourney wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

1/1 applied 

My hope here is this 

1) no more apps 

Bf is a smart man, I must say and you guys are very smart too! I don't need anymore cards, I feel poopish cause of it LOL. I'm very thankful that American Express gave me a card a all, regardless of limit. Probably cause of my payment history and figured I was sort of worth it. Probably saw all the accounts I now have and didn't want to give me a higher limit in case I was kind of a risk. They also probably want to see how I do and will consider a credit increase eventually.

Message 14 of 23
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

The comment in the other post I just saw... an Amex with a $500 limit.

Centurion Bank requires that all cards have $500 available credit limit, non-transferrable.

If Centurion Bank issued you a $500 line, they are giving you a chance to prove yourself, and they really wanted to deny you. (just got off the phone with "Responsible Lending" and the customer service departments..)

I'd leave TD alone. They will solicit you when THEY are ready. Anything else, and you're wasting HP inquiries.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 15 of 23
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

The last thing I want to happen is people coming after me. I know what I have to do to be a good girl and that is, just take care of my accounts, keep my usual spending limit and pay my bills and no more apps for at least a year or more.

Message 16 of 23
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

The comment in the other post I just saw... an Amex with a $500 limit.

Centurion Bank requires that all cards have $500 available credit limit, non-transferrable.

If Centurion Bank issued you a $500 line, they are giving you a chance to prove yourself, and they really wanted to deny you. (just got off the phone with "Responsible Lending" and the customer service departments..)

I'd leave TD alone. They will solicit you when THEY are ready. Anything else, and you're wasting HP inquiries.

Not worth the inquiries that will just hurt me more. 

Message 17 of 23
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

1/1 applied 

My hope here is this 

1) no more apps 

IS there a love button on this forum... +1,000,000 exactly my thoughts.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 18 of 23
NotUsher
Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

1/1 applied 

My hope here is this 

1) no more apps 

IS there a love button on this forum... +1,000,000 exactly my thoughts.

Seriously. Spending more time on this forum is only going to drive you nuts, OP. Live life, spend some money on your cards, pay them off. Rinse. Repeat.

If you still want this card in a year or two (if something better doesn't come along), give it a go.

Message 19 of 23
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Why is this specific card so important to you? What can they give you that another card can't? I think at this point it's just the rejection that makes you want it more. Financially, it just makes sense to move on, no matter now you feel emotionally. You don't need validation of any kind from this bank. You already  got it from prime lenders that decline a lot of others, including myself. You say you're thankful for that, and I believe you, but I also think that you're getting doe eyed over a card that has no real value beyond the ones you already have.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.