Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Target debit help

tag
kebeneezer88
Contributor

Will Target debit help

Will getting a Target debit card help you get accepted for their credit card?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will Target debit help

@kebeneezer88 wrote:
Will getting a Target debit card help you get accepted for their credit card?

Sadly, the answer is no

Message 2 of 5
ddemari
Super Contributor

Most lilkely not. Target pulls EQ for me and from what I read. I think I got the card back in late 2012 with a 625 FICO score. Stuck at $300 dollar limit to this day, but oh well. Have you tried applying or the CC?

Message 3 of 5
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Target card is worthless when it comes to SL's and CLI's very stingy for some odd reason. Better off sticking with the debit card and saving the HP.
Message 4 of 5
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

Most lilkely not. Target pulls EQ for me and from what I read. I think I got the card back in late 2012 with a 625 FICO score. Stuck at $300 dollar limit to this day, but oh well. Have you tried applying or the CC?

I'm pretty sure there are people who got the card in 2002 with a $300 limit and still have that to this day. Smiley Very Happy

The Target cards (debit/credit) have a great benefit (5% off) but they don't seem worth the hassle. If you do credit, you'll most likely get a low/stingy limit that will never move. If you do debit, you are more likely to have issues with the card declining (I saw this ALL THE TIME when I worked at Target -- it was especially common if you used it twice in the same day). And don't even mention the people who don't realize it's not really a debit card, it's a check card. The funds take a few days to transfer over and people don't check their balances/balance their online checkbooks...

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.