Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Target upgrade store to CC?

tag
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Re: Will Target upgrade store to CC?

Congrats to all of you who got CLIs. 

Do you think Target considers your current credit score when deciding on CLIs.  I have had my card since March or April and it is still at $200.00.  I did not use it for the first month or so, but used it quite a bit over the summer.  I paid it off.. I think. it was last month.. and have not used it since.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Peas, that does make me feel a wee bit better. Hehe.

PurpleHaze, Congrats on your CLI!

Thank ya very much.  Now that you two mention it, I have lost two of those 10% off coupons. I always keep holding on to them so I make the 10% worth my while ... then I forget about it and lose the coupon.
Message 32 of 36
akaniks
Established Member

I think they use a magic eight ball honestly... Maybe they look at usage. 
I've had my card for 6 more months then you and I just got my first CLI. Hopefully they don't make you wait until next year. 

@Changingmantra wrote:

Do you think Target considers your current credit score when deciding on CLIs.  I have had my card since March or April and it is still at $200.00.  I did not use it for the first month or so, but used it quite a bit over the summer.  I paid it off.. I think. it was last month.. and have not used it since.

Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thi the magic eightball sounds about right. I thought I waited a long time at 2 1/2+ years but then someone here posted a while back that she had her card for something like 6-7 years with no luck!

@akaniks wrote:
I think they use a magic eight ball honestly... Maybe they look at usage. 
I've had my card for 6 more months then you and I just got my first CLI. Hopefully they don't make you wait until next year. 

@Changingmantra wrote:

Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

HA! Found my coupon and it's still good!
Message 35 of 36
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

It took a while (few years) before they upgraded my store card; when they upgraded the store card with $200 limit to Visa they gave me a new limit of $1000 then I started to use the card again then less than a year from the upgrade they gave me an auto CLI to $5000 then few months later I got another auto CLI my CL now is $7000.
Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.