Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Will Walmart Discover get me on Discover's radar?

Will my new Walmart Discover card get me on Discover's radar? Ive been checking their promotional offer site and I never have any listed cards.  Will this card change that?  (Not thinking about apping now but in the future)



Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,877
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Will Walmart Discover get me on Discover's radar?

I don't think so. It isn't like the card is backed by Discover as a credit product, it simply runs on their network. The same way I doubt the BoA Accelerated rewards or USAA Amex get you on amex's radar. 

;
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,232
Registered: ‎03-22-2012
0

Re: Will Walmart Discover get me on Discover's radar?

My wife received a regular Walmart store card in June 2012, she received a pre-approval offer in the mail from Discover in August and then again in September. She wants to wait to pull the trigger so they will hopefully start her with a larger CL.

 

It might not happen to everyone, but it does happen.



Starting Score: EQ 658 6/18/12
Current Score: EQ 705 6/21/15 - EX 783 6/21/15 - TU 707 6/21/15
Goal Score: EQ 720+
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
Posts: 724
Registered: ‎06-06-2012
0

Re: Will Walmart Discover get me on Discover's radar?

Unlikely since it's Discover bank whose radar you are looking to get on and they have nothing at all to do with the Walmart Discover card backed by GE. But sounds like you may be well on your way to be able to get a card backed by Discover regardless.

 

 

Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Will Walmart Discover get me on Discover's radar?

Probably not with it just being on Discovers network and its backed by GE.




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Will Walmart Discover get me on Discover's radar?

Dun;

 

You're more likely to get on Discovers radar if you have either AMEX or Chase, even more so if you have both, IMHO. 

 

I never had any offers for Discover, nor was I found to have any offers on their online pre-screen offer checker.  Last December I applied on a bit of a whim through a connected offer (get software for free if approved for Discover).  So wanting both to some degree, I applied, got the software for free as well as a Discover More with a starting CL of 6500.

 

P.S.  After inquiring last month about a CLI, they called me this week and after looking things over more closely, they upped my CL to 8500.   Smiley Very Happy (Mostly due to my spotless no late CRs from what I could gather them telling me, and only a soft to approve it.).

 

My Walmart was just upgraded to Walmart Discover in may after having it since early 2009 btw.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,281
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Will Walmart Discover get me on Discover's radar?


Duncanrr wrote:

Will my new Walmart Discover card get me on Discover's radar? Ive been checking their promotional offer site and I never have any listed cards.  Will this card change that?  (Not thinking about apping now but in the future)


if I pull money out of BoA's ATM machine  will that put me on BoA's radar....  both cases are unlikely,  in both cases its just a transaction flowing over a computer network no address or SP's or anything like that... its just a packet of data. 

 

 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 12k Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 10k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 4/22/2015
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Will Walmart Discover get me on Discover's radar?


RyVision wrote:

Dun;

 

You're more likely to get on Discovers radar if you have either AMEX or Chase, even more so if you have both, IMHO. 

 

I never had any offers for Discover, nor was I found to have any offers on their online pre-screen offer checker.  Last December I applied on a bit of a whim through a connected offer (get software for free if approved for Discover).  So wanting both to some degree, I applied, got the software for free as well as a Discover More with a starting CL of 6500.

 

P.S.  After inquiring last month about a CLI, they called me this week and after looking things over more closely, they upped my CL to 8500.   Smiley Very Happy (Mostly due to my spotless no late CRs from what I could gather them telling me, and only a soft to approve it.).

 

My Walmart was just upgraded to Walmart Discover in may after having it since early 2009 btw.


Well I just opened two AMEX accounts and two Chase accounts....so I guess that should do it?



Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 912
Registered: ‎06-14-2012
0

Re: Will Walmart Discover get me on Discover's radar?

I never received an offer from Discover until i used their pre-approval site. Since then it def put me on their radar, as i get offers Bi-weekly now lol



Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Will Walmart Discover get me on Discover's radar?


Duncanrr wrote:

RyVision wrote:

Dun;

 

You're more likely to get on Discovers radar if you have either AMEX or Chase, even more so if you have both, IMHO. 

 

I never had any offers for Discover, nor was I found to have any offers on their online pre-screen offer checker.  Last December I applied on a bit of a whim through a connected offer (get software for free if approved for Discover).  So wanting both to some degree, I applied, got the software for free as well as a Discover More with a starting CL of 6500.

 

P.S.  After inquiring last month about a CLI, they called me this week and after looking things over more closely, they upped my CL to 8500.   Smiley Very Happy (Mostly due to my spotless no late CRs from what I could gather them telling me, and only a soft to approve it.).

 

My Walmart was just upgraded to Walmart Discover in may after having it since early 2009 btw.


Well I just opened two AMEX accounts and two Chase accounts....so I guess that should do it?


 

 

Considering that, and along with what GetinThere mentioned (about checking their online approval page), you might want to try Discovers online pre-qualifier page (if you haven't already, just to trigger their system to know you're interested in their products).  I did that before I tried for them so maybe that got me on their radar before I applied on a whim. 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.