cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a bank pull a specific report if you ask?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will a bank pull a specific report if you ask?

Title says it all.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Re: Will a bank pull a specific report if you ask?

Possibly. They may think it is shady that you want them to only see a certain report.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 2 of 7
Boragard
Established Contributor

Well usually if I get denied an app I call back and ask if they can pull a different report.  they do and usually approve since its the better one.  But its a YMMV with the banks.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool. Im thinking of getting a car loan but I have a recent Hard inquiry on my TU and EQ so I dont know if thatll affect so id rather they pulled EX.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Cool. Im thinking of getting a car loan but I have a recent Hard inquiry on my TU and EQ so I dont know if thatll affect so id rather they pulled EX.

I wouldn't think this is an issue at all.  Car loan would be presumably with someting down (or trade) plus the loan is secured.

Message 5 of 7
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

If it's your only inquiry I wouldn't worry about it.

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 6 of 7
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Some lenders will and some won't. It all depends what and who they have a deal with. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.