cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will amex backdate to my business account that I have no liability to?

tag
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Will amex backdate to my business account that I have no liability to?

When I joined my current company last year, they gave me an amex corporate card after I filled out paper work with my ssn etc. it does not show up on my credit reports . I recently got approved for my very first personal amex, the delta gold, will they backdate to 2012 or is the completely separate because its my company's account? I know it doesn't help much but an extra year is still and extra year
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Will amex backdate to my business account that I have no liability to?

business and personal backdate to there own beginning time... corporate are neither of these and will not help you as a person opening either a business or a personal credit card with amex get backdated.

Message 2 of 12
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Thanks, I just called to activate it and they confirmed it. It is on two completely different systems they said

Message 3 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

Thanks, I just called to activate it and they confirmed it. It is on two completely different systems they said

They normally don't backdate to company accounts but I have heard of exceptions.  Usually dependant on how they set up company cards.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 12
IWOL
Established Contributor

I've had AMEX Platinum business since 2009. I was recently added as an AU to my sisters personal AMEX Gold Card. I sent a secure message whil logged into my AMEX account(the new one) and I asked them if they could change my member since date on the gold card to 2009. They replied just a few hours later and made the change.

It now shows member since date of 2009 when I log in and they sent out a new card with 09 member since date. Only thing is the card has reported twice since the change and it still shows one date of 5/2013. I hoping it will change next reporting cycle.

I would try send a secure message when your logged in under your new account. Make sure you give them your corporate account number and just say that you have had a corporate card sine 2012 and you would like theto change your member since date on your new card to 2012. It may depend on the CSR you get but worth a try.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:
When I joined my current company last year, they gave me an amex corporate card after I filled out paper work with my ssn etc. it does not show up on my credit reports . I recently got approved for my very first personal amex, the delta gold, will they backdate to 2012 or is the completely separate because its my company's account? I know it doesn't help much but an extra year is still and extra year

AFAIK no it will not, like others have said they are 2 different business.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 12
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@IWOL wrote:
I've had AMEX Platinum business since 2009. I was recently added as an AU to my sisters personal AMEX Gold Card. I sent a secure message whil logged into my AMEX account(the new one) and I asked them if they could change my member since date on the gold card to 2009. They replied just a few hours later and made the change.

It now shows member since date of 2009 when I log in and they sent out a new card with 09 member since date. Only thing is the card has reported twice since the change and it still shows one date of 5/2013. I hoping it will change next reporting cycle.

I would try send a secure message when your logged in under your new account. Make sure you give them your corporate account number and just say that you have had a corporate card sine 2012 and you would like theto change your member since date on your new card to 2012. It may depend on the CSR you get but worth a try.

Good luck!

Well I followed this advice, the nice lady said "Sure! We value your business and will send you a card right away with the member date of 12 instead of 13. Please confirm blah blah blah. Please expect it in 7-10 days"

YAY!

or so i thought, she didn't even ask me about my corporate card from 2012, which leads me to believe it'll just be a card change and not a change on my CR. Has anyone else ever eperienced this?

Message 7 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If they are changing your MSD, it should reflect on your cr.
Message 8 of 12
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

Good luck!

Well I followed this advice, the nice lady said "Sure! We value your business and will send you a card right away with the member date of 12 instead of 13. Please confirm blah blah blah. Please expect it in 7-10 days"

YAY!

or so i thought, she didn't even ask me about my corporate card from 2012, which leads me to believe it'll just be a card change and not a change on my CR. Has anyone else ever eperienced this?

Well I called the back of my card to confirm everything said and done yesterday and to my horror, they had no record on what i was talking about becuase it was through secure chat. Well the nice lady on the phone said dont worry, we will take care of it, and after a few minutes one hold told me to expect me new card in 7-10 days and to continue to use my old one until then. Will keep updating here as I get new information. Yay! 1 extra year to my aaoa?

Message 9 of 12
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

Good luck!

YAY!

Well I called the back of my card to confirm everything said and done yesterday and to my horror, they had no record on what i was talking about becuase it was through secure chat. Well the nice lady on the phone said dont worry, we will take care of it, and after a few minutes one hold told me to expect me new card in 7-10 days and to continue to use my old one until then. Will keep updating here as I get new information. Yay! 1 extra year to my aaoa?

Next Day Aired me a replacment card with the Member Since Date of 2012! Now to wait until it pops up on the CR!!!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.