cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will an Amex charge card app trigger income verification or FR?

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Will an Amec charge card app trigger income verification or FR?

@oilcan12 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@oilcan12 wrote:

I think that it is low risk. When I apped for my Biz Plat and Biz Gold charge cards, in the same day, I already had my Amex revolver limits at 49% of stated income. I had just been approved for a personal Plat card 3 months earlier.

Just don't try to meet your minimum spend too fast. And, don't make charges that are outside of your normal pattern.

I personally believe that charge cards are low risk and that Amex likes people willing to pay their fees.

An F/R isn't anything to fear if you have reported your income accurately.

Don't fear it, but I'm not inclined to go through it over one card. 

I think you're unlikely to get an F/R. Isn't 100K MR worth a little inconvenience. I just wish I was elligible for the offer. I would jump on it.

Its just the close proximity of my spg business card approval and the fact that I am going to pull the trigger on the citi premier as well and finally my prestige approval from 2 1/2 months ago. I wish this offer came up in Jan.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 21 of 24
JLK93
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@oilcan12 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@oilcan12 wrote:

I think that it is low risk. When I apped for my Biz Plat and Biz Gold charge cards, in the same day, I already had my Amex revolver limits at 49% of stated income. I had just been approved for a personal Plat card 3 months earlier.

Just don't try to meet your minimum spend too fast. And, don't make charges that are outside of your normal pattern.

I personally believe that charge cards are low risk and that Amex likes people willing to pay their fees.

I think you're unlikely to get an F/R. Isn't 100K MR worth a little inconvenience. I just wish I was elligible for the offer. I would jump on it.

Its just the close proximity of my spg business card approval and the fact that I am going to pull the trigger on the citi premier as well and finally my prestige approval from 2 1/2 months ago. I wish this offer came up in Jan.  

Too many offers. Not enough time.

Message 22 of 24
red259
Super Contributor

@oilcan12 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@oilcan12 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@oilcan12 wrote:

Too many offers. Not enough time.

exactly

;
Message 23 of 24
red259
Super Contributor

So in the past year I have four new cards in Jan (one was an amex everyday). A citi prestige card from June. An Amex business spg within the last month and a citi premier approved today. So 7 inqs total in 2015, including an amex personal and business card. I really want the amex plat 100k offer if I can still get it. I guess I have to call in to get that offer now? I'd much rather apply for this card in Jan, but I suspect I will not be able to get the same signup at that point. Am I being too aggressive going for card now?  

;
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.