cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will an MBNA CO in '96 keep me from getting a BofA CC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's no longer on my reports, of course, but I was wondering if records that old made it through the merger.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will an MBNA CO in '96 keep me from getting a BofA CC?

Jennabean wrote:

It's no longer on my reports, of course, but I was wondering if records that old made it through the merger.

More than likely they will make an offer to get yur foot in the door through a secured card. Go to their site and do their preapp thing.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did. They have no offers for me, which makes me wonder...
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jennabean wrote:
I did. They have no offers for me, which makes me wonder...

That is probably it.  did they atleast offer you the scured.  Second question, do you have an FA on your file?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're fine in terms of MBNA and BOA.
I had a chargeoff with MBNA and still got $5000 in business credit from BOA and with the chargeoff gone I now have a 99/500 card. Had other chargeoffs on Experian so didn't qualify for the big boy card.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

EddieX wrote:
I had a chargeoff with MBNA and still got $5000 in business credit from BOA and with the chargeoff gone I now have a 99/500 card. Had other chargeoffs on Experian so didn't qualify for the big boy card.

Really?  When did you get it?  I opened an account with them and they still had old info on file from student loans I got from MBNA .  Sent my correspondence to the old address too.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammmy - Nope, no fraud alert.

Then again, my scores were so low for so long, I'd bet that I wasn't on their radar, given the score range that they like to pre-app via soft pulls through mail. Even if I were on their radar, my addresses are so screwed up on the CR's that the info might not correlate.

I probably just need to wait, let my new TL's post, finish the address corrections, and redo the soft pull thing after the dust settles.

Eddie - that's good news! Thanks!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Really? When did you get it? I opened an account with them and they still had old info on file from student loans I got from MBNA . Sent my correspondence to the old address too.

My chargeoff with MBNA was paid years ago. And I applied for a business loan right before the buyout and they said "yeah right, your old account was charged off".

My MBNA loan was actually still on my TU when BOA pulled my report for the card, it dropped like 3 days later. It was still on my EQ and EX and I asked if they'd delete it and they did.

I didn't do anything special to get them to remove the chargeoff and it was still there when they pulled my report but right about to drop.

The 99/500 was after it was removed from all reports and of course the rejection on the Platinum Plus.

Guess they like me better Smiley Tongue
Message 8 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

And not just a fraud alert (F/A) on your files; are you opted-out? I was both offended and amused when BofA wouldn't offer me even a secured card, until it finally dawned on me that since I was opted-out, it couldn't see where I would fit their cards without a hard.

I think it was about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks after opting back in that I started having cards pop up.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 10
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

When my experian score hit the high 600's and grew to 730-740, I started getting their pre-approved card offers in the mail and appeared on their pre-approved status on their web-site. I applied on-line and was approved for $3,500 and just got a CLI to $10,000 via the web-site CLI link.
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.