Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will balance be reported to CRA

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Will balance be reported to CRA

At the last minute I decided I didnt want a balance to report to the CRAs on my Freedom card, instead I will let a small balance report on another card. I PIF my Freedom card and the transaction posted yesterday. Today is the statement cut date. While the payment is posted and it says I do not owe anything Chase has frozen my available credit by the amount of the payment. Will this impact my credit report in any way when it comes to my credit score since I will be showing a balance on my other card later in the month? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Will balance be reported to CRA

@red259 wrote:

At the last minute I decided I didnt want a balance to report to the CRAs on my Freedom card, instead I will let a small balance report on another card. I PIF my Freedom card and the transaction posted yesterday. Today is the statement cut date. While the payment is posted and it says I do not owe anything Chase has frozen my available credit by the amount of the payment. Will this impact my credit report in any way when it comes to my credit score since I will be showing a balance on my other card later in the month? 

Red259

it's hard to say it all depneds if it clears before they report in a couple of days to CB's

My guess is that they will show a balance but I hope they don't 

I got caught like that once by Cap1 that's when I started allowing extra days for it to clear my bank and CC's bank just to be safe 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

How can I tell if a balance is reported to the CRAs? If it reported then I can just PIF my other card which reports in the middle of the month. 

;
Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

How can I tell if a balance is reported to the CRAs? If it reported then I can just PIF my other card which reports in the middle of the month. 

Are you signed up for CK or CS or any monitoring service?

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

I have been using CS, but I think its messed up. It does not appear to recognize that I even have a cap 1 card!

;
Message 5 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

I have been using CS, but I think its messed up. It does not appear to recognize that I even have a cap 1 card!

Sign up for CK and it should let you know if it reports a balance and if it does then pay off the other card 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.